• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

You were in Charlotte weren't you? And you didn't call!?

I was-- and didn't:bawl:

I was tasked with "grown-up babysitting" duty for the trip since I've been to so many of these stupid meetings. Our average day wasn't over 'til 22:30 and that's when I got to perform cat herding for the next hour or two-- just to get up at 05:00 and get everyone to the next day's "fun."

Hopefully, I'll be back out that way pretty soon though-- there's a couple smaller meetings planned for that neck of the woods that won't require a babysitter/parental figure/parole officer for the "adults" that attend.

I had a new-used solid rear glass put in the MJ today. The old broke slider came out...now to get them tinted.

ran into an old buddy with a '09-'10 JK. He's offering to give me the rear axle and front beam (2wd) from it (along with tires and wheels) when he puts in his D60's and TC.

I've got a 2wd XJ with a 2.5L and can't decide if it's even worth the effort to weld spring perches onto the rear axle, much less make the front beam work-- any insight is appreciated!

P.S. they've only got about 9000 miles on them and they'd be replacing axles with over 255,000 miles.

Not sure the front beam is worth anything but I'd keep the rear axle around till you find someone who wants to give away a front JK axle.

EDIT: JKs are 5x5 wheel pattern right? You could do a WJ swap on your existing 2WD beam and only have some width to make up, would save a lot of suspension mods.

5"X5" is correct-- I hadn't really considered the WJ swap into the equation, but now that you mention it........ hmmmm----a couple wheel spacers would definitely be less work!

3.73:1 is what I should expect from a 3.8L JK, no?

Im about 99% sure that the JK beam will bolt into the XJ with just a little work. Pretty sure the track bar bracket is the biggest issue. But... the WJ brakes are better so that still may be a better route. Just probably more expensive.

Im about 99% sure that the JK beam will bolt into the XJ with just a little work. Pretty sure the track bar bracket is the biggest issue. But... the WJ brakes are better so that still may be a better route. Just probably more expensive.
wider beam with track bar mount adjustment versus narrow beam with wheel spacers-- is that what I'm looking at/ deciding between?

I'm thinking the wider beam set up for the 5"X5" is easiest route for a DD ride-- you agree?

Saw Kool & The Gang and Van Halen last night in concert. Nashville was swamped last night and traffic was horrible but we made it in time. We were suprised to find out we were only 9 rows from the floor and I bet the stage was only 150' away, max. My wife is greatfor gewtting them and scoring 2 tickets for $80.

Kool & The gang was great. Van Halen Rocks! Alex is a master on the drums and Eddie is a wizard on the electric guitar. They did a close-up solo and it was awesome! Roth is crazy as always. Wolfgang is really good too. Great concert. VH played for over 2 hours.

Didn't get home until 12:30 am. I'm tired.

This was a cool concert for me. I can remember drawing the VH logo on my middle school folders back in 1984. It was 28 years later before I got to see them in concert.

I can remember drawing the VH logo on my middle school folders back in 1984.

:yelclap::yelclap: that's a memory I think we all can have-- nothing like a school full of "individuals" with the same drawings on every book cover!!!

I was a big fan through the Women and Children First and Diver Down era, but I definitely had the VH on the book covers with everyone else!!

I got my new to me bucket seats in the MJ. No more sitting in a hole!!!

Also got a new inner fender for the passenger side. I know, what's an inner fender? It's usually one of the first things you throw away from a 4WD but in my case, I actually want them doing the job they're supposed to do.:)

I replaced the antenna lead and grommet that comes through the passenger kick panel. Mine had deteriorated and it was leaking water in. Hopefully now with some silicone and an inner fender, no more water coming in. That should make the floors happy!!

I've got more to do this weekend and a trip to Knoxville tomorrow will result in an almost finished interior.

I want this truck to be an awsome DD and my plan is to keep on plugging away at it till I get it there.

Well, I can check climb Pike's Peak off my bucket list. Colorado is beautiful!

Picked up the D30 I've been after so I can begin to bench build it and get it under the Jeep.

photobucket-8407-1335710780524.jpg
[/IMG]installed this 91be wheel on my 96 now no air bag in my face

replaced all the ujoints through my driveline. hopefully no more 'thump thump'

Meant to text you yesterday, there's a late model that has 1 (that I saw) axle shaft laying in the back of it. Didn't look hard enough to see if the other one was back there as well. Of the 13 or so XJ's up there, only 3 were 4x4...all the rest 2wd. I don't think i've ever seen that many 2wd XJ's in my life..let alone in one place lol.

On the topic of axle shafts, anybody know of any reason why ZJ D30 shafts wouldn't work in a XJ D30?

Pretty sure they'll work, just make sure they are big ujoint (I don't know what the year range on those is in ZJs) and not CV. Width is the same.

Back