• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

My hours vary too much so its hard to say what day and when. I am usually there on Fridays though. BTW you still need help swapping in that Tcase?

Yeah I really need to get around to doing that. Need to come up with an SYE first. You wouldn't happen to have a shift gate for a 231 laying around would you? That, a bezel, and an SYE are all I need to do the swap.

Man, I need to find out who makes those...they look just like the AR's

I'll ask him again next time I talk to him. Been meaning to get up with him and swap spares too.

Yeah I really need to get around to doing that. Need to come up with an SYE first. You wouldn't happen to have a shift gate for a 231 laying around would you? That, a bezel, and an SYE are all I need to do the swap.

I'll ask him again next time I talk to him. Been meaning to get up with him and swap spares too.

I might have the shiftgate for it unless it got thrown out with the other crap in the garage when I was cleaning it. I have a do pre 97 bezel, not sure if it will work for you. I'll check the garage in a bit and see if I got the shiftgate still. Lemme know when you want to do the swap, I can bring my tranny jack and itll make it like 100 times easier.

im really pleased this has been termed a "doug".....

You're welcome buddy :)

I might have the shiftgate for it unless it got thrown out with the other crap in the garage when I was cleaning it. I have a do pre 97 bezel, not sure if it will work for you. I'll check the garage in a bit and see if I got the shiftgate still. Lemme know when you want to do the swap, I can bring my tranny jack and itll make it like 100 times easier.

If you have a shift gate that would be most excellent. A pre 97 bezel wouldn't do me any good, but i'm sure I can probably get one of them easily. I'll definitely let you know when Im ready for the swap. Need to do the SYE first while it's on the bench.

Went from this:
431542_10150814788868356_513068355_12783355_1239719710_n.jpg

To This:

Forgive the terribly tires, its what I had to use until I get paid again.
560009_10150893238593356_513068355_13063159_1427599866_n.jpg

Put about 1400 miles on a Jeep Liberty rental between last Wednesday and today. A trip to Atlanta, a trip to Chattanooga, and a trip to Memphis.

Best thing about that truck was the satelitte radio. Otherwise, not many redeeming qualities.

and boom goes the dynamite!!!! drove it around tonight with only a front shaft and sitting on the toolbox.... oh and no headlights

going 30 in 4hi with a front locker is very sketch.
IMG_20120326_104648.jpg

Are you trying to do a hack and tap?

Nope, I have a H&T on my 242 now. Been a very solid SYE and I have no complaints, but I figure while the 231 is sitting on the bench I can put a stronger, better SYE in it.

and boom goes the dynamite!!!! drove it around tonight with only a front shaft and sitting on the toolbox.... oh and no headlights

going 30 in 4hi with a front locker is very sketch.
IMG_20120326_104648.jpg

looks great david! ive driven some jeeps in pretty sorry states just to say i "drove" them

Anyone know of a good solution for tail lights? I don't want the metal boxes, too expensive, but do like the idea of a flat mount LED tail light. Was thinking of just welding a piece of sheet oever where the taillights mount now then cutting some holes for the leds. Any good write ups on the led wiring? Or have any of you done it?

Back