• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

went to the christmas parade, and also found out all the bad noises under my hood were coming from my harmonic balance AND my water pump, whose bearings had officially crapped out. i'll be replacing both tomorrow.

Uwharrie yesterday for the day with Joshooha, Dave (oldbluexj) and Glenn (Ghost). Came back last night due to having to work most of today. Ordered some new exhaust manifold hardware and a intake/exhaust manifold gasket at work and ordered an APN manifold just a few minutes ago. $300 spent on the Jeep in the last two weeks, but all towards fixing two of the most common problems on the 4.0 so it's worth it. Hoping this manifold brings the MPG's back up.

mmmmm..... i just drank 4 margaritas.... feelin goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.:D:D:D:D when this wears off in the morning, i'm iguana go to frankloin with b-nugget and get a carrier and some bearings, then button up the ole grandpa jjeeep.... dang, i'm even slurrin the typage. have a good night, fellas.

Installed Rough Country drop brackets today....those upper control arm bolts are a beatch...getting it all lined up by yourself is a beatch...But I think it's all together. If I get home with some daylight, we'll take another look around before road test and alignment.....and hopefully off to GA on Sat......:sunshine:

Uwharrie yesterday for the day with Joshooha, Dave (oldbluexj) and Glenn (Ghost). Came back last night due to having to work most of today. Ordered some new exhaust manifold hardware and a intake/exhaust manifold gasket at work and ordered an APN manifold just a few minutes ago. $300 spent on the Jeep in the last two weeks, but all towards fixing two of the most common problems on the 4.0 so it's worth it. Hoping this manifold brings the MPG's back up.

I did this too. Well not the $300, but I did get yet another brand new U-Joint on the left front.(Trail-fix) and now I need some clutch stuff!
Oh, and I did not have to work.:conceited

I did this too. Well not the $300, but I did get yet another brand new U-Joint on the left front.(Trail-fix) and now I need some clutch stuff!
Oh, and I did not have to work.:conceited

Yeah I heard...slave cylinder issues? Between yours and Jeff's Yota, not a good weekend for slave cylinders lol.

mmmmm..... i just drank 4 margaritas.... feelin goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.:D:D:D:D when this wears off in the morning, i'm iguana go to frankloin with b-nugget and get a carrier and some bearings, then button up the ole grandpa jjeeep.... dang, i'm even slurrin the typage. have a good night, fellas.
Anybody else think Chief's keyboard needs to be equip with a breathalyzer to prevent a mess like this again?

Went to StumpXJ's meet & greet in Atlanta. Had a great time BSing. Land Rovers are cool.

Tyler and Dan stopped by and said they were going to PAP. I got a call Sunday saying they scored me a set of 4.10 gears and carrier for my D30 axle. Woot woot!!! Now to figure out my t-case SYE options and get RSOR to put it together.

spent the weekend in knoxville. drove up early saturday on roads covered with ice and snow. stopped to help out a few people who had rolled their ford ranger, and stayed with them til the EMT's had arrived. I saw 12+ accidents in under 10 miles....and going over 1 bridge i almost lost the truck/trailer/jeep. a very scary 5 hour drive to matts.

hung out with matt and sam on saturday...ended up having to get taken to ER because of vision problems, severe headache, and my left hand went numb. cat scan + blood work revealed an optic nerve migrain (i think its called). matt/tiff were kind enough to let me crash there saturday night as i was in no shape to drive the truck/trailer back to hermitage. we did get a chance to look over the jeep, so its back up and running again.

feeling better now, just been taking it easy. big thanks to matt/tiff/sam for lookin out for me.

good to hear ya lived through it, greg! well, i buttoned up the grandpa jeep, and what do ya know, it purrs like a kitten! wooooot! i took it out and played around in it with bosco01xj ridin shotgun, and the ol' heep did great! no wierd noises, no overheating, and even drove smooth once i got it back on the road! this is the first muddy experience with the mall terrains, and i must say, they're not so bad! i do miss the mudders and the rear locker, but ya sacrifice some things and gain others. i'll prolly still get a locker when i get a decent rear axle.

Glad everything turned out ok Greg. I know what you mean about wrecks. On my way to Ed's before going to Stump's, I must of seen 10+ cars off the road myself. From what I could tell it was just people sliding off the roads.

Had a great time @ Stump's. Thanks for the pizza and Max, thanks for the queso. Good times!!!!!

Replaced siezed tie rod and changed front pads and rotor's only to find out today that I've also got a siezed caliper on the passenger side. Not a good feeling when driving along and stop at a stop light and see smoke billowing out from under the passenger wheel well. So now this weekend I get to take a trip to the JY and find 2 steering shafts and 2 calipers.

I can't beleive you guys all had/saw snow. In Nashville we didn't see a bit. Glad your okay Greg. Is that migrain just something that will pass?

apparantly some people just get them. i may never get it again, or i may have them the rest of my life. no way to tell what caused it unless it happens again. matt, sam and i were just sitting down eating lunch, and all of a sudden around the edge of my vision i was seeing this wavy kaledescope of colors. its pretty freaky. im hoping it was a one time thing.

This weekend we had the Christmas Parade, bought a 9' Christmas tree and decorated it. thechief86 and family helped make this possible by them letting us borrow the trailer. Thanks again and the boys had a blast. The float is set up as a small campsite with tent, fire logs, and seating around the fire. Here are a few shots from the float
4169642246_7e2481ae0f.jpg

4169642276_f67fe055d6.jpg

4169642304_3e6032898d.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2661/4169642304_3e6032898d.jpg

apparantly some people just get them. i may never get it again, or i may have them the rest of my life. no way to tell what caused it unless it happens again. matt, sam and i were just sitting down eating lunch, and all of a sudden around the edge of my vision i was seeing this wavy kaledescope of colors. its pretty freaky. im hoping it was a one time thing.

Sounds like a bad trip to me. Where did you buy your shrooms?

Just joking, It isn't a laughing matter. I was on meds in elementary school for migraine headaches. I still get them from time to time. (come on Shrek here's your chance)

Back