• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

web server help

2wire makes some of the most horrid routers I've ever dealt with. Even when you turn the firewall off, it still isn't fully off. Even their tech support hate it.

2wire makes some of the most horrid routers I've ever dealt with. Even when you turn the firewall off, it still isn't fully off. Even their tech support hate it.

If DSL is your only choice go pickup another one from staples, I don't think you need to do anything else other than put in your login and password. write down the settings from the old one though before you take it off. I just did a quick search on pricewatch, tend to go with motorola, the zoom has that dam firewall built in too so I have had to deal with the a couple of times. Most around here ignore verizon and dsl, it's 10x slower than the cable modems are.

Last edited:
I love my motorola cable modem, I'd buy one of their DSL modems in a second. Either that or a used Cisco off a friend of mine probably.

Verizon DSL is a turd - you just can't polish it. I am quite happy with my 20mbit/5mbit Charter though, using an SB5101 and some D-Link wireless-N router that I got free, sadly it is one of the ones that doesn't support DD-WRT. Works fine with stock firmware though.

Back