• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We should WAVE!!!

wheelin4cheap

NAXJA Forum User
While driving today I realized that it would be nice if every XJ owner waved to one another while on the highway...

Maybe I am just used to riding my motorcycle and waiving at every other rider, but I think this is a great idea and I will be waving to every XJ that I see!

What do you guys think?

I find myself doing it now to the modified XJ's! just a reaction I guess.

Geepfreak said:

Same here...

I'd never be able to stop if I waved to stock ones around here....

I've been doing it for years. I think the locals in my area think I'm a pervert, lots of drivers look at my dumbfounded like "who is that guy? Do I know him? Why is he waving at me?"

Way ahead of you.

I live in one of those towns where everyone waves at evryone else, whether they are driving or walking.

My wife catches me waving at all the other drivers no matter where we are. Usually, when she catches me doing it, it's nighttime, at oncoming vehicles.

DrMoab said:

An honor bestowed upon those drivers with the superior intelligence, taste, class, and discomfort tolerance to own the ultimate vehicle - the Jeep

:D :roflmao:

When I first built my XJ, there were maybe 6 lifted XJ's within 30 miles. Now there are three lifted rigs within a quarter mile of my house. The bummer about converting a rig to a trailer queen is that you don't have the fun of pulling up next to another lifted rig and doing a wave.

The funniest thing was pulling up next to one of our County Sheriff's XJ's at a light. He is eyeing the rig pretty heavy and I was getting worried about getting a equipment ticket. He rolls down his window and gives me the thumbs up and then he peels all the way across the intersection.

Geepfreak said:
me too. except for the few i know that are stuck up mall crawlers, did for a while but they just look at me like there much better since the have straight body panels.

"My wife catches me waving at all the other drivers no matter where we are. Usually, when she catches me doing it, it's nighttime, at oncoming vehicles."

thats just great, something i'd do

Where I live, everybody waves at each other. We at LEAST say hi when we walk past others... and we leave our keys in our cars when we are not in them. I would not want to live in a place that was not like that. Besides, as a community, we are well armed. :D

The funniest thing was pulling up next to one of our County Sheriff's XJ's at a light. He is eyeing the rig pretty heavy and I was getting worried about getting a equipment ticket. He rolls down his window and gives me the thumbs up and then he peels all the way across the intersection.[/QUOTE]

Thats too funny!~

Glenn said:
Where I live, everybody waves at each other. We at LEAST say hi when we walk past others... and we leave our keys in our cars when we are not in them. I would not want to live in a place that was not like that. Besides, as a community, we are well armed. :D
I didn't know you lived in my town.

Everyone says "hi", "mornin'", "how are you?", "good to see you", etc.

Keys are left in ALL vehicles. Hell, the last time we went to Moab, we left the front door unlocked. I don't even have a key to the front door.

My sons' bikes have been laying in the front yard since the summer. Half the time they leave them in the neigbor's yard....down the street. They play in the street and if they screw up, the neighbors will yell at them too. Takes a village to raise a child the right way.

welcome to the south, at least my part of it. hell i use to leave my doors off and sitting on the front porch over night after i got back from wheeling. bunch of little punk kids just moved in so i had to cut htat out

I find myself usually only waving to lifted AND wheeled XJ's. Most of the wranglers here is Az are bought by college kids and usually sport rims too wide for the tires and doors off. As for XJ's, I usually check for a decent lift, some dirt, bumpers or lights. Otherwise it is a wasted movement of my wrist.

Rev Den said:
In the midwest we wave at people everyday, usually with 1 finger.

Rev

:roll: :roll: :roll:

vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rev Den again.

Last edited:
I usually don't wave.
I'm too busy digging through my purse, eating a cheeseburger, talking on the cell phone, and finding a good song on the radio.

"the wave" is a topic almost every time my girlfriend rides with me. She doesn't understand how I hate to go to any "social" activities. But, I will wave at complete strangers on the road. (if you have to explain, they wouldn't understand)

Back