• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We have lost one of our own...

jeff411sk8 said:
ur right about the jeeps "parading" in. Good, now im going to feel like a moron. But then again his family might think its cool that his friends showed up in general.

when you drive it... and you see the flag poles, make a right. (by the new library)
It's not a parade, just pull in normally into the parking lot. Pull in before (10 minutes or so) so that we're there before the services start.

Usually, at a graveside service, you drive to and park at the actual grave site. No parking lot. At least this is the case at Forest Lawn and Rose Hills.

Yeah, there's literally no parking at Holy Spec... it's pretty tiny. Should be interesting with the army truck. Oh and by the way.. no promises on the exhaust not back firing on the fording stack lol

Remi
Jeff
Mike G
Mike R
JohnnyC
Brandon
Druck
Cal
Grant
Myself

Thaanks for showing up. Mike will be missed.

have to say it was a nice funeral. Many jeepers, ham guys, geocachers and
even fire
fighters. Probably 70-100 people. He was well loved. We will certainly miss
him.

it was good to see you guys again, just a shame it was for the reason it was.

Dave Druck

PS.... watch out for a white dodge dually :(

SOCALXJ said:
even fire
him.

Dave Druck

Yep, good to have the turn out and pay respects.

Druck, you know the m&g's are at my shop in Anaheim Hills these days... Imperial and La Palma... wanna see that 715 there one day as I still drool over that thing.

SOCALXJ said:

Did I miss something?

wish I could have made it. Picking fights at a funeral? geez

Yeah, but the 715 won.. hehehe
060906115811we.jpg

I'll have to swing by the shop sometime for a m&g, thanks for the invite!

ahh. k. For some reason I thought that there were fists of fury.

SOCALXJ said:
even fire
him.

Dave Druck

Indeed, a lot of people came. Even the officiate commented about the number of people there. As well as the number of Jeeps and guys with lots of antenna's on their vehicles :D.

One of Mike O's brother came over and shook our hands and said we were definitely welcome, and said he was glad to see all of his friends in all of his hobbies be there.

As a lot of you I am sure have heard, we lost two hams, one of which I knew and one of which I had met a few times. N6IDF and K6SNE were killed when the four wheel drive they were in veered off of a dirt road and plummeted nearly 900 feet during a t-hunt in Southern California. The accident left Dave's (N6IDF) widow Melanie (KF6GWV) and their newborn child without a husband and father.

The ARRL story is at the following link:

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/05/30/100/?nc=1

A news story from the crash site can be seen at the following link:

http://www.kget.com/mediacenter/?videoId=10158

A fund has been established to help the family of our fallen brother and I am here hat in hand and fishing pole in the garage to ask for your help.

You may read about it, and make a paypal donation at the following website.

http://www.435online.com/n6idf-k6sne.htm

Those of you who would prefer not to use paypal, may send donations directly to the fund administrator, Gary Elmer (KG6DVO) at his callbook address. Please make sure you put "memorial fund" somewhere on the donation envelope or check.

Thanks in advance to all of you who open your hearts and wallets to help.

A message from the fund administrator.

David Gordon-Ross' wife, Melanie, is a stay at home mom with a one year old baby. Mike Obermeier was single. We are collecting donations to help out Melanie. All money that was to be collected at our 16th Annual 435 Chili Cook-off on June 10th to support the Repeater Fund will be donated to Melanie. If you can't attend the Chili Cook-off and would like to help, please use the PayPal link below. Every cent will go to Melanie Gordon-Ross.

Thank you,

Gary Elmer
KG6DVO
Owner / Trustee
147.435 Amateur Radio Repeater System

All together, as of 06/10/2006, we raised nearly three thousand dollars for the David Gordon-Ross Memorial Fund.

A message from David's wife.

"I cannot begin to thank you all for your kindness and generousity during such a difficult time for my family and I. David and Michael's circle of influence was wide, but even I didn't realize just how many people were influenced by them and how deeply their passing would be felt. My heartfelt thanks and love are all I can extend to you, with your help the burden of taking over as head of the household will be a little lighter and easier. Thank you all so much."

Melanie Gordon-Ross (kf6gwv)

Regards from a fellow jeep and buggy driver.

Tim Thompson
W6DCE

I believe the local Naxja chapter has something in the works already towards this fund, and SoCalXJ has put together just shy of $500, which I'll be sending to Gary this week (We've been in pretty constant contact).

-Cal

cal said:
I believe the local Naxja chapter has something in the works already towards this fund, and SoCalXJ has put together just shy of $500, which I'll be sending to Gary this week (We've been in pretty constant contact).

-Cal

I am sure the family will really appreciate it.. Thank you all..

Tim

cal said:

-Cal

awesome guys! I still wish that I could have attended the services

I have been asked to offer a heart felt thank you to your group for your generous donation to the family..

Thanks... Mike and Dave obviously had quite a few outstanding friends.:)

Back