• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanting to lower my 2wd xj

2wheeled xj

NAXJA Forum User
want to lower my 2wd xj an
10171703_713451815391704_7831228975182722912_n.jpg
have pics on how to do this or detailed info? dont want to lift it.i have a lifted 78 chevy stepside already.thanks
10689478_694608377276048_3534623505886213046_n.jpg

Spring under rear axle, cut front springs or custom ones to maintain spring rate, relocated track bar bracket, and relocated control arm mounts on the axle to correct the angles and castor will work for a 4" drop.

thanks for your time was also considering lifting it but i hear a 2wd cherokee with a lift will get stuck in wet grass lol.plus i like the idea of better gas milage i don't want to make it look like a lowrider but more like hot rod or pro touring. trust me though if this was a 4x4 it would be going up.i absolutely love the lifted jeeps you guys have on here and i'm jealous so im not here to disrespect you guys.but i dont want to do a 4x4 conversion or do i have the money to so i just want to keep it simple fix the body and turn it into a awesome handling super clean street jeep. what do you guys think?:cheers:

Factory replacement heavy duty rear springs setup as spring under, ZJ rear coils up front (because they're 3" shorter and a little firmer than XJ fronts), alter bumps tops accordingly and see where it sits...

IIRC, gradon swapped in a dakota (or maybe durango) C8.25 that is SUA and it's plug n pray.

I swapped in an '87 dakota 2wd 8.25" 27-spline axle. It had the same 5x4.5" lug pattern and I got to swap in the Auburn LSD I already had. I still had to weld the shock mounts.
Oh yeah, I also had to swap the dakota's larger diameter u-joint caps onto my driveshaft's u-joint.

Last edited:
thanks guys my cherokees in for paint and rust repair now .will keep you all posted with pics if you all would like.after paint it may sit awhile while i gather up some more cash.all the info you guys are giving me will surely help thanks :)

He was probably referencing your m62 update, not that you have a 2wd Cherokee(or else he'd have said it in his first comment?). . .

Last edited:
Back