• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted, 242 transfer

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a 242 for a special project. I have 2 231's I could trade you for it. Or give you cash.

I will not sale the 231s until I have a 242.

A little more info. I need a 91-95 XJ or 93-95 ZJ 242. There was a gear cut change in late 95 on the 242. I have a 5.2 with a 46RH transmission in my MJ and need the long nose input but I have my 249 input I could swap into it.

Bo

Long or short input?

The 96 and newer 242 use a different gear cut and my input will not work in them. If his is a long input get me a price.

Bo you said you can swap the 249 input into a 242 right? So then you wouldn't need to have just a 95 and up would you?I'm asking cause i have one here that needs to be rebuilt, it is out of my 89 and if that works you can HAVE it for cheap

Shelby... you can use your 249 input/planetary assembly and front case half with the donor 242 guts off any you find.

I have a stock high mile 242 from my 94 xj, works fine just swapped with another 242 w tapped sye , what year/spline are your 231's?

Any problems with it?

Bo you said you can swap the 249 input into a 242 right? So then you wouldn't need to have just a 95 and up would you?I'm asking cause i have one here that needs to be rebuilt, it is out of my 89 and if that works you can HAVE it for cheap

How cheap, lol!

Shelby... you can use your 249 input/planetary assembly and front case half with the donor 242 guts off any you find.

There is a gear cut difference in them at some point. If you get the wrong input it will eat it up quick.

I have a 242 that works fine except for when you hit a bump it knocks itself into FT.

I have a 242 out of a '99. short input

it has a stretched chain...

yours for the price of shipping.

Back