• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: 1984-1988 Wagoneer XJ Parts?

Crist Clapper

NAXJA Forum User
Got a... Or know of a... 1984-1988 Jeep Wagoneer XJ Limited with available parts/parting-out?

Re: Wanted: 1984-1988 Wagoner XJ Parts?

What are you looking for specifically? I have what is left of an 84 Wagoner going to the scrapper eventually.

What are you looking for specifically? I have what is left of an 84 Wagoner going to the scrapper eventually.

First need/want is for some of the trim around the exterior woodgrain?

First need/want is for some of the trim around the exterior woodgrain?

I'll have to go look but I think the 84 did not have that.

Was the 84 Wagoneer an XJ or the old wagon style? I was under the impression the 87 Wagoneer was not an XJ until 87 or 85? Am I thinking of the old V-8 Grand Wagoneer?

Last edited:
If it was an XJ, I might take any light weight parts that Christ does not need. WE both have working Renix Wagoneers.

This is an/my Wagoneer XJ Limited:

xjfront.jpg

LOL, I presume that is what mine looked like in 1987, 280,000 miles ago.

LOL, I presume that is what mine looked like in 1987, 280,000 miles ago.

And... Just got her back from the paint shop all-shiny with new woodgrain too! I have to post photos.

WTH, It already looked brand new, LOL! Did she get a new Flux capacitor too? LOL!

It's an 84 XJ Wagoneer. It does not have any of that. It is the old 2.5L auto and the 207 or was it 208 TC.... Anywho, not much there honestly after I went and looked.

It's an 84 XJ Wagoneer. It does not have any of that. It is the old 2.5L auto and the 207 or was it 208 TC.... Anywho, not much there honestly after I went and looked.

We are restoring an 84 XJ, 2.5 L with the carburator, manual transmission, so we might be interested in some of the small light weight stuff!!!! It is already running and driveable, 100% OEM stock still, but it is time to gather up spare parts that are hard to find and were no longer used a few years later (and thus may be hard to find now). So what is left?

We are restoring an 84 XJ, 2.5 L with the carburator, manual transmission, so we might be interested in some of the small light weight stuff!!!! It is already running and driveable, 100% OEM stock still, but it is time to gather up spare parts that are hard to find and were no longer used a few years later (and thus may be hard to find now). So what is left?

All the interior stuff is gone. The pannels are there. The engine is all intact but unrunning. I never tried to get it running. What are you looking for?

All the interior stuff is gone. The pannels are there. The engine is all intact but unrunning. I never tried to get it running. What are you looking for?

We may try to keep the OEM vacuum valve hornets nest working for a while, carburetor, XXX vacuum/electric vacuum valves for instance. We just got it running 3 weeks ago, took a new fuel pump, fuel filter and master cylinder for the brakes and key column lock mechanism to get it driveable. Those parts were all easy to find. We were planning to scrap all the emissions stuff under the hood and get an aftermarket carburetor but it runs as is, which was a shock, so we may keep it stock for now!!!

I will do some digging and try to make a list of what we might want.

We may try to keep the OEM vacuum valve hornets nest working for a while, carburetor, XXX vacuum/electric vacuum valves for instance. We just got it running 3 weeks ago, took a new fuel pump, fuel filter and master cylinder for the brakes and key column lock mechanism to get it driveable. Those parts were all easy to find. We were planning to scrap all the emissions stuff under the hood and get an aftermarket carburetor but it runs as is, which was a shock, so we may keep it stock for now!!!

I will do some digging and try to make a list of what we might want.

Sure. I'll pull whatever off it for you within reason.

Was the 84 Wagoneer an XJ or the old wagon style? I was under the impression the 87 Wagoneer was not an XJ until 87 or 85? Am I thinking of the old V-8 Grand Wagoneer?

The SJ (Full size) was re-branded Grand Wagoneer when the XJ was released. XJ Wagonners were available from '84 - '90 (I think). The majority had four headlamps and full red taillamps with woodgrain trim. There were a small number produced with woodgrain trim with two lamps in '84 and maybe '85 (I've seen them in yards, no book research on them), they used the standard front lighting and 21 slot grille from usually the Cherokee Briarwood. They had full red tail lamps. I'm not sure if those were special order or what since there is obviously overlap in grille formation.

A real rare one is the ZJ Grand Wagonner!

The SJ (Full size) was re-branded Grand Wagoneer when the XJ was released. XJ Wagonners were available from '84 - '90 (I think). The majority had four headlamps and full red taillamps with woodgrain trim. There were a small number produced with woodgrain trim with two lamps in '84 and maybe '85 (I've seen them in yards, no book research on them), they used the standard front lighting and 21 slot grille from usually the Cherokee Briarwood. They had full red tail lamps. I'm not sure if those were special order or what since there is obviously overlap in grille formation.

Oh my the ZJ... Rare for a good reason in my opinion! :D

Sure. I'll pull whatever off it for you within reason.

Ghost? You are not waiting for a list of items are you?

Ghost? You are not waiting for a list of items are you?

Nope you sent me one. :cheers: Just have nto had the time to mess with it. I:cheers: think I might put my twins to work on it. What beter way to learn about cars then to tear one appart? LOL!

I have seen a few... kinda ugly IMO. Basically just a zj with woodgrain. Reminded me more of my parents late 80s Plymouth Grand Voyager than anything else.

Back