• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy D44 Trusses

ryan13

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of building a set of D44's for my ZJ.

I know that TnT and Artec both make a truss for the axles (or close to it) but is there any smaller shops out there that make anything similar?

When I priced up two full trusses with all necessary brackets, they total just over $1100 without shipping.

I know that what I want is going to cost me, but I wanted to see if anyone out there has used another company and liked them?

Any and all advice is welcome.

haha I knew there would be one in the group! I know I could piece one together but I'm looking for a simpler option with less math involved. :laugh2:

Math?!?! I took a piece of 3x6 and kept cutting until it fit. Glue truss on, glue some mounts on, run it!!

I know there are others, but I know Bill (RCman) had fitment issues with this D60 TNT truss, and I had fitment issues with my D44 TNT truss.

I like the tnt ones a lot having installed them I just hate the coil mounts and shocks mounts they do other than that no complaints and I'm sure your aware I'm talking about ethans

My TNT truss was nice, I liked it. But it didn't even come close to touching the axle tubes on both sides of the diff when it was placed on the axle. When the long side sitting on the pass tube was flat, the small area on the driver side was twisted and raised off the tube.

I like my tnt one but it wasn't worth it. Knowing what I know now I would have just made one. I ended up cutting the majority of the mounts off over time for different suspension configurations. And yes the single shear shock bolt is not great. I have also heard and have seen issues with welds breaking on tnt truss'. From what I have gathered it was an issue a couple years ago that they became aware of and addressed it. Haven't heard or read about it being an issue currently with their truss' but I could be mistaken

Last edited:
for a frt axle I wouldn't get a truss, just the apropiate control arm, track bar and coil mounts. for the rear I have no complaints about my artec truss. fit was damn near perfect and quality is top notch. it sucks that ballistic has gone back to shit as they have a great LCA/Shock/coil mount.

^ rob has the idea.. You don't really need a front truss on a real 44 as they have decently thick tubes from the factory(unless you plan on leaving the ground).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you guys let me know via pm the dates and issues you guys had with your tnt trusses? TNT has hired new welders and I have been training them and working on fixing any former issues.

I've done artec trusses on front and rear tj 44 housing and I did the front on 2 different housings I can't say enough on the quality and even though I want to find a cheaper truss like barnes offroad or ruff stuff I just couldn't, I'm gonna go artec for my ford 60 and sterling

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back