• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Video: Commander in "Action"

Does anyone know if it has a rigid frame and what kind of suspension ?
At 109 inches it is kind of long, but with the Hemi it would be a bad ass tow rig and have kind of an XJ look.

Blech. Is this thing built on the Durango platform?
Wish I could afford a G-Wagon. Seen them all over LA rollin on 22"s or 24"s. That'd be my pimp-mobile.

ACE said:
Blech. Is this thing built on the Durango platform?
Wish I could afford a G-Wagon. Seen them all over LA rollin on 22"s or 24"s. That'd be my pimp-mobile.

Another great rig to fall to DC. The '06s will be totally different and share the platform with the new ML. There goes its good offroad ability.

Trail Ready?

rubicon0125ig.jpg

rubicon0137fn.jpg

According to this it's just off the Rubicon.

I'd still take a full size van if I needed that much room. Cheaper than an SUV of the same size, still holds 8 people AND their luggage at the same time (try that with a Tahoe!), and if you buy the 1500 Chevy Express you can get AWD on it too.

I wouldn't tow with it...Too short a wheelbase. I don't care if its ugly,slow,fast,underpowered,overpowered, or ugly...Plain and simple its just too short to pull another jeep. If you want a tow vehicle...buy a truck. IF you want to tow with a SUV buy a burb or a....ach...ach..ach...Excretion. At least they have the wheelbase to make it safe.

Looking at the photos and playing devil's advocate for a moment: how much of that carnage is the result of poor off-road capability vs. the driver's abilities? One's a design issue, the other's an experience and/or judgement issue, and we don't know what percentage of either one contributed to the damage.

Having said that, I still wouldn't buy one - but that's more because I don't need seven seats than anything else. To my eye it doesn't look too bad, and if the Nissan / Toyota people have figured out over the last 20 years how to handle IFS on trail rigs then we certainly can as well.

Just my $0.02.

I feel brainwashed after watching that video. :flipoff:

I love my Suburban, even though it has been nickel-and-diming me alot lately. On the bright side, once I fix all the stupid things it should be good to go for quite a long time.

Back