• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Van Halen

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Anyone seen the newest tour yet?

Was given tickets for my 50th, will be seeing them tomorrow night. I'v read some of the reviews.. what did you think?

:D I think I just lost a little respect for you

They have not been the same since David Lee Roth left
What you talkin' 'bout? Van Halen was the best backup band Sammy Hagar ever had, bar none!

:D

Say what ya will, always been a fan of the band. The brothers, well that's another story.

I have seen Sammy about a dozen times but Roth just once during the last Reunion tour.

No one has seen the tour?

A friend saw them a few years back and enjoyed the show, I just can't remember who there front man was for that show. He did say that the EVH and Valerie Bertonelli's kid was part of that show too.

I've seen the "Tattoo" video, and wasn't impressed. I heard an interview with Hagar and he said there isn't any new material on this album, it's all left over stuff from the 70's. It's original to DLR/Eddie, just not new. Some of the tracks are actually vintage cuts from old sessions, with some new vocals and Wolfgang's playing.

my 24y.o. son in law won tickets last night during a SJ Sharks hockey game to Van Halen on June 5th. I asked him to name one Van Halen song and he couldn't. Told him he should just sell the tickets on craigslist.

my 24y.o. son in law won tickets last night during a SJ Sharks hockey game to Van Halen on June 5th. I asked him to name one Van Halen song and he couldn't. Told him he should just sell the tickets on craigslist.

Almost sounds like bad parenting..

:eyes:

He did say that the EVH and Valerie Bertonelli's kid was part of that show too.

I left the show impressed by Wolfgang, then realized he will be the face behind the next incarnation of Van Halen. Hopefully it keeps Eddie on the stage awhile longer.

I've seen the "Tattoo" video, and wasn't impressed. I heard an interview with Hagar and he said there isn't any new material on this album, it's all left over stuff from the 70's. It's original to DLR/Eddie, just not new. Some of the tracks are actually vintage cuts from old sessions, with some new vocals and Wolfgang's playing.

Thats interesting..

My 24yo son's first concert was VH at age 8.

Now why would you say that?

Most of us already knew he was old!

:flipoff :

50th my ass

:doubleflipoff:

Had a good time, show was sold out. Beezil you would have loved Kool and the Gang as their opener.

Doubt i'll go see Roth again. His vocals broke down, forgot the lyrics, and bitched at the stagehands during another song. Eddie, Alex were great as always but Wolfgang had surprised me.

So is it worth buying tickets to go see?

Back