• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

valve cover

When I said to use the weather strip adhesive, I said also to make sure to clean everything well. This how you get the stuff to hold for a long time. As a point in the case, I have not had a leak in over 2 years while gluing the covers on, but also as I said, good luck getting the sucker to let go when you have to take the cover back off. I do not believe that the weatherstrip adhesive is actually an RTV, which is a Room Temp. Vulcanizing compound, as much as it is more of an actual glue.

ah man dont worry about going through all that trouble looking for that cover...i appreciate it though

i bought a valve cover gasket and got those o rings from the stealership hoping that cleaning up the engine tonight with simple green degreaser and engine brite that i will find in the end i dont need to do the rear main seal

cause if i do......then the pan is coming off tommorrow and the new seal going in sat cause i have a trip to texas for training on sunday....

Back