• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

value of a 93 w/ salavaged title

jschmidt250

NAXJA Forum User
I posted awhile back that I was involved in an accident over Thanksgiving weekend. An 18-year-old kid driving a S63 Benz put his rear quarter panel on my drives side tire. That caused the steel wheel to bend and tweaked the frame rail, lower control arm mount on the axle, and probably bent the lower control arm. No contact was made to the body of the jeep funny enough.
I finally have a settlement check from the insurance company and now I’m waiting on the new title as it is now going to be salvaged. I’ve been on the fence for a while weather I should swap parts to another straight body, part it out, or sell as is. The more I think about it, the more I’m leaning toward selling it as is since we don’t take it out much anymore, the last 3 years we have put around 5k miles on it, and I don’t think I want to deal with parting it out.

With that said, I wanted to see what a fair asking price would be for a 1993 XJ with straight body panels, good glass, decent interior, 193k miles and the following:

• Rebuilt engine done by Russ Pottenger, I bought this from boostamante in 2014 with 30k mile on it. Since then I have put another 5k or so miles on it
• Detours custom high clearance winch bumper
• Warn Zeon 10S winch with wireless remote
• GE LED head lights
• D30 w/ Yukon Zip Locker and 4.56 gears (done by RWKHaus), chromoly shafts, and Ruffstuff cover
• New unit-bearings
• Currie CE9701 Currectlync steering
• JKS Quick disconnects
• DirtBound Optima battery box
• Rough Country Lower Control arms (may need to be replaced)
• Rough Country control arm drop brackets
• R.E. 5.5” coils
• 2-piece belly pan that covers the oil pan and transfer case
• Novak cable shifter
• Advance Adapter SYE
• JKOffroad body mount rock sliders
• Gas tank skid plate
• D44 w/ Yukon Zip Locker and 4.56 gear (done by RWKHaus), chromoly shafts, and Ruffstuff cover
• Teraflex disc brake conversion
• HDOffroad relocation brackets
• R.E. 4.5” leaf springs
• Bilstein 5100 shock on all 4 corners
• Dirtbound Mojave Tire Carrier Bumper

I also have a few parts that have not been installed:
• Ruffstuff frame reinforcement
• Dirtbound front frame reinforcement
• Dirtbound rear frame reinforcement
• Dirtbound Universal light bar mount, X2, one for the front and one for the rear
• KC 50” LED light bar
• HD Off-road no lift relocation brackets
• R.E. 5.5” leaf springs
• New Knuckles
• New ball joints

I’m sure I have missed a few things but that is most it.
It still runs and drives, I drove it home from Big Bear after the accident.
I’m interested to see what you all think a fair asking price would be for the complete jeep as it sits or if you have any other suggestions as what I should do with it.

I can post pics later this evening.

I'd say looking at parting it out, you've got $600 each axle, $600 for a motor, $400 for trans/tcase, $600 for bumpers, a couple hundred in lift kit parts, a few hundred for the uninstalled parts, and a few hundred in misc body/interior parts.

But someone has to invest money and time to make all that money....so $2k, maybe a bit more to the "right" person.

If you decide to part it out, I'd be interested in the Novak cable shifter. And maybe the RE 4.5 inch leafs.

LOL. Bunch of vultures we are!

Thanks for the input JohnX, I do appreciate it.

Just to let everyone know, I will not be parting it out, I may get more $$$ out of it but I don’t want to go through the hassle of dealing with a bunch of flakey people form Craigslist that do the no-show and lo-ball nonsense.

I may be a bit delusional but I think my number to sell it as a complete unit would $3,500…. Who knows if anyone would want it for that price or not, but if I can’t get that out of it I think I’m better off finding a clean non-runner and just swap everything over.

Thanks again for the input.

Back