• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Upgrades" you most regret spending money on

Lurch

NAXJA Forum User
With tax return season here, I thought it'd be interesting to dredge up those purchases you tried to forget about and don't like to admit to in public.

I'll start; I regeared a Dana 35 AND bought Bushwhackers. Oh if only I could travel back in time and warn myself.

That stupid cup holder thing that screws into the center console. What a POS! My son has it in his MJ now:dunno: I guess its good for holding change.

This could be the greatest thread ever. :)

So tired of every mod working so great......

TeraFlex aluminum steering links. I didn't actually buy them, they came on the Jeep, but I didn't replace them and they sucked bit time. Bent badly first day out on a long trip.

Richard G

The worst upgrade I ever made was going from my old reliable 89 XJ to my new 01.

Rust everywhere, spends more time in the garage than on the trail, horrible fuel mileage...Besides, it's Yellow. Who the hell would buy a yellow jeep?

JCR rear bumper/tire carrier

Could have spent it on a bunch of better upgrades

procomp lift kit, complete kit was junk, but it did start my xj itch
bds arms with flex joints ( rebuild joints 3-4 times a year...)
chinese jeep tail lights-looked cool until a year later the color was gone.
rugged ridge steering.....need i say any more......

Roof rack, intending to use it for a spare tire carrier. WTF was I thinking, not like I could levitate a 70+lb tire up & down with brainwaves.

JCR rear bumper/tire carrier

Could have spent it on a bunch of better upgrades

Mine kept a tree from totalling my junk.......best upgrade EVAR! :D

Honestly, my worst upgrade........Autopals and HID's. I should really do it the right way.

My rear tube bumper/tire carrier. Had it made by somebody on another forum and it never did fit right. Hell I haven't been able to use the carrier at all. It's just sitting at home. Looking to replace it with something else.

The initial purchase of my existing XJ.

David Bricker / SYR

Back