• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Up Periscope…

Re: Up Parascope ....

that sounds a lot like a tps that didn't like the water. unplug it and start it up, see if it starts and idles, more or less, normally. if it does, it's a good bet the tps is shot.

XJJD said:
Relax, it was supposed to be in the mod forum but for whatever reason it posted in the oem besides the question is relevant to both.

Relevant to both or not, you're still not supposed to double post, per forum rules. I'm not trying to lecture you, just reiterating what has already been said.

As others have said, check your TPS, you'll most likely find that's where your issue is.

man, he's doing his best why does it have to be harped upon when someone "double posts"

In my opinion more information is gathered by encountering individual cases than searching for multiple cases which will show you your problem but it may not be exactly the same circumstances.

So I only think that you guys are trying to keep posting to a minimum so it doesn't go beyond forum mod's ability to control. I respect what you guys do and all, but it really does help to have full knowledge of every circumstance.

by the way, it's a TPS IMO. dist cap and tps.

I wanna see how this issue gets resolved. post up with the results man.

yea I will for sure, I'm heading down to order a tps tomorrow and I will probably put it in on Thurs. so we'll see. Thanks for everyone's help so far. JD

It was the TPS, put the new one in no calibration needed on 93's good to go could tell right away. Thanks Again for everyones help! Now back to the mud. JD

bet that gets expensive....
The tps is the last thing on my waterproofing list...everything else is pretty much done.I'll be looking at ways to water proof it tomorrow and I'll post back here with what I come up with.

I had my MAP sensor vacuum hose pop off the ther day, right after some old bitty cut me off.

Same symptoms as yours, you might see if your hose is old and crispy like my old one.....

The go get a new hose.....

XJJD said:
I wasn't going to mention that it will start if I unplug the tps sensor because I didn't want to lead anyone to saying the tps could be bad. I have a Fluke multimeter how would I go about testing the tps? Is there an ohm's spec?

So you noticed a symptom that would help people diagnose your problem but you didn't tell us so we wouldn't tell you what's wrong??? (n)

Edit: I'm a 'tard, this is an old thread.

mscans said:
pics of your submarine!

Huh?

Not mine, but a guys I wheel with. Apparently, it needed a new tranny after that.

SANY0770.jpg

SANY0771.jpg

XJJD said:
Yea, I'm gonna pull the dist tomorrow and check it out. What's the best way to prevent water from getting in the dist cap?

silicone caulk. another NAXJA guy said there is a Ford Distrib Cap Boot that can be found on some cars. thisis supposed to help keep out the H2o

Back