• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unibody stiffener suggestions

yeah ive looked at those before, i will be doing some trail riding and maybe some rock tho so i dont really want those hanging down. thanks tho!

I have them on my DD, they do not hang down, they are tucked up along the frame rail. The only real issue with them is if you want to have rocker protection you will need to cut the rockers out and run 2x4 or 2x3 welded into place. The T&J will interfere with any frame attachment for sliders

Here they are on my DD.

stiffeners2.jpg

stiffeners3.jpg

stiffeners4.jpg

On my trail rig I have the Detours sliders/stiffeners which have worked great. Basically a frame beside a frame, plug welded into place and bolted to the front LCA frame brackets and the the rear spring hanger.
18.jpg

19.jpg

did you notice alot of difference with them? i will prolly just end up going with the hd offroad stiffeners since i will be running a cage that should eliminate the need of the tandj style. thanks everyone! i really appreciate the help

did you notice alot of difference with them? i will prolly just end up going with the hd offroad stiffeners since i will be running a cage that should eliminate the need of the tandj style. thanks everyone! i really appreciate the help

Yes, with both style stiffeners I have noticed a difference. A slight difference in handling but most noticeable is that the doors open and shut the same with the rig flexed as they do with the rig sitting static on level ground. All of the stiffeners mentioned in this thread should give you the same effect.

I run HD Offroad stiffeners front to back, tip to tail. One of the best investments I've done to my Cherokee. Everything is welded to them. Interior cage, rock rails, bumper plates...

Now nothing creaks, pops or moans as I crawl around the trails. It's all suspension now.

having installed more hdoffroad product on my own jeeps as well as others than maybe anyone else they're the only product i'll use.... price is right and when installed properly they are extremely effective. my buggy chassis is lined with them

Good welder

It's not hard. The cleaner the rails, the easier it will be. Just watch your heat and go for it.

A floor jack and a couple large C clamps and some blocks of wood will help with fitment

Back