• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

undecided voters

TRNDRVR said:
Wrong!!! It's exactly the same.
It's just a different "drug of choice".

I sorta disagree on that. It depends on how you get addicted. If the dose needed to take care of the pain is sufficient enough you will get addicted against your will. I have a friend who wrecked his motorcycle 2 years ago. Broke every rib except one, front and back. According to the Doc he shouldn't have survived but did. Anyway he was put on a morphin patch for almost a year and then had to be weaned off the thing. When it came time to wean him off his body didn't want to and he himself knew he needed to but life and his body felt so good on the patch, that it was a real struggle for him.

Having had some experience of my own I can say that once the addiction has you in its grip you will break the law in order to feed it. You'll get 'scrips from multiple Docs, buy it on the street, whatever.

Sarge

BlackSport96 said:
Bin Laden has to watch his back as do all his "officers" since Bush will actually come after them. Kerry will sit back and watch them go by.
Now THAT'S a stretch of the imagination. You'd have to be dumber than a turnip to believe that statement.

JeffV said:
Now THAT'S a stretch of the imagination. You'd have to be dumber than a turnip to believe that statement.
What no intelligent back up to your statement? Don't call someone dumber than a turnip if you have no basis on which to make such a claim. All you've done there is drag the rest of your somewhat intelligent posts down to drivel by resorting to an attack with no backing for it.

BlackSport96 said:
What no intelligent back up to your statement? Don't call someone dumber than a turnip if you have no basis on which to make such a claim. All you've done there is drag the rest of your somewhat intelligent posts down to drivel by resorting to an attack with no backing for it.
I'm sorry, I meant to say "The same mental capacity of a turnip." Your response backs it up.

So because I disagree with you, I must be a moron...I'm sorry, All hail the Almighty JEFF!! I don't know what I was thinking to use my rights as an American to disagree with someone so enlightened as yourself. I can tell you were in the Navy now, thinking your better than this poor Marine with no basis to back it up. I'm done with you. I don't need to degenerate into another flame war...

Originally Posted by BlackSport96
Bin Laden has to watch his back as do all his "officers" since Bush will actually come after them. Kerry will sit back and watch them go by.

JeffV said:

Your right jeff, kerry will have a little talk with them and ask them to play nice and slap thier wrists! :rolleyes:

hinkley

BlackSport96 said:
CW: What makes you think that this planet is honestly dying or being ruined by us? This Earth is thousands of years old and I doubt that we will singlehandedly ruin the plant. I don't disagree that pollution should be kept down but at what price? Everyone always says that those who would give up liberties for freedom deserve neither when saying the Patriot Act is bad, but at the same time if we give up our "gas-hog, polluting, dirty SUVs" and get a perfectly clean, pristine planet, what's the point if we don't have the ability/right to explore the planet?
Huh? How did you get any of that from what I posted? My post was about the UN's short comings. Please explain. I agree with what you typed. It is coming out of left field though.:dunno:

Last edited:
BlackSport96 said:
So because I disagree with you, I must be a moron...I'm sorry, All hail the Almighty JEFF!! I don't know what I was thinking to use my rights as an American to disagree with someone so enlightened as yourself. I can tell you were in the Navy now, thinking your better than this poor Marine with no basis to back it up. I'm done with you. I don't need to degenerate into another flame war...
This isn't about disagreeing with me. You made a statement that demonstrates a total disregard for a thing called "common sense."

There's not a single US politician, no matter what party affiliation, who would not do everything within his power to bring BinLaden and his confederates to justice.

If you believe otherwise........

It's not a matter of believeing, it's a matter of listening to what Kerry has said. He thinks that all of this should be handled as a police action, not a war. There is a major difference. To call someone who you disagree with, as intelligent as a turnip is uncalled for. But, that is the beauty of this country. You have the right to speak, they have the right not to listen.

JeffV said:
There's not a single US politician, no matter what party affiliation, who would not do everything within his power to bring BinLaden and his confederates to justice.

Absolutely, but their motives might be entirely different.

And how many hit's would Bill Clinton have to take before he'd figure out it's time to round up the posse? Who knows?

Last edited:
Back