• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uhh, anyone know what this is?

thedugler

NAXJA Forum User
i cant figure out what this thing is... i have a 89 laredo, ive never seen it turn on or do anything.. no idea what its for. i pulled it out and it was plugged into something.. ehh someone school me, im too lazy to go thru a manual.
whatisit.jpg

it's the keyless entry system (i have an 89 laredo). it's infrared and not sonar so if you get a fob, you have to point it at the box for it to work. I'm told you can program a universal tv remote to open it (sounds real secure huh?).

Fobs used to be available on the web. There should be a code inside the box for ordering one.

The one on my 90 still works. :)

Fred

davehoose said:
it's the keyless entry system (i have an 89 laredo). it's infrared and not sonar so if you get a fob, you have to point it at the box for it to work. I'm told you can program a universal tv remote to open it (sounds real secure huh?).

This only works with certain types of fobs - and only if you have a remote with a learning feature. No idea if an XJ IR remote can be learned on a universal TV remote, though.

Also, just to be pedantic: they never used a sonic remote; the possibilities are either infrared or RF. :)

keyless entry on a 89? sweet!, so theres a code on it somewhere that i pull out to check, and then order the fob from somewhere? ...uh, oh yea, and where do i order it from? heh thanks

I think the bookmark I had for ordering the fob is two computers ago. You'll have to search on your own. Let us know.

Fred

Back