• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCAs/Castor/Help me!!!! :)

Oops..sorry I was wrong on rotating the pinion and that year having a HP pumpkin. Other than that.....I was working off woody's 0* (or 90*) angle at the pinion yoke to set caster, not the "u-joint" angle.

P

Just a side thought here.

Isn't the caster measurement taken with respect to a true imaginary vertical and not with respect to the orientation of the vehicle? If so, raising the rear of your truck will lower your caster and even though the pinion angle will also change it will not change in relation to the t-case and driveshaft which is the important part when chosing a good pinion angle.

I think blanket statement regarding proper pinion angles should be made with respect to the driveshaft angle only and not to an imaginary vertical like caster is.

Well, everything seems to be working like a charm now. I got my uppers evened out to about 15.25"......played with my shock settings a bit.....and got a brand spanking new steering stabilizer.....and we handles a HELL of a lot better.....

Thanks for all of the VERY TECHNICAL input......I will try to make myself more educated on this topic now that I know it could be affecting me......I told everyone I didn't want to lift my jeep this high!!! UGH....look what I got.....:)

Em

XJGrl said:
...I told everyone I didn't want to lift my jeep this high!!! UGH....look what I got.....:)

Em

Yeah, you and Mike from NJ, who is also now up to about 4.5" (or a tad more). Maybe the two of you can share sob stories about your excessive lifts at the next NAC BBQ or in Moab.

well, i hope not to have too many sob stories.....i hope this is the end of it for a while at least.....no more money, no more patience.....next time this happens, its for sale....any takers??

em

Back