• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

u-joint breakage with d30, 27 spline 8.25 with 33's?

you will need the carrier as well and spider gears if your not putting in a locker

93xj-jeeper said:
where do i get a new carrier and spiders? does it come with all the parts for regearing...like with the overhaul kit by chance? thanks again

I thought you were putting in a locker of some sort in the 8.25. If you are you just order one for 29 spline shafts no spiders or carriers needed.

B-loose

:confused:- I am try understand the thread about 27 spline shaft and 29 spline shaft questions.

I have 8.25 axle with 27 spline shafts. Can I replace 27 to 29 spline shafts on 27 spline axle? Will there need change gears? If so, It will be cheaper to swap spline 29 axle instead change gears if you are not going upgrade gears..

:confused:- I am try understand the thread about 27 spline shaft and 29 spline shaft questions.

I have 8.25 axle with 27 spline shafts. Can I replace 27 to 29 spline shafts on 27 spline axle? Will there need change gears? If so, It will be cheaper to swap spline 29 axle instead change gears if you are not going upgrade gears..

Same gears, new carrier (bigger openings on the sides) new spider gears.... you're better of getting a new 29 spline axle or getting a D44 or an 8.8.

Same gears, new carrier (bigger openings on the sides) new spider gears.... you're better of getting a new 29 spline axle or getting a D44 or an 8.8.

I wouldn't say that based on how easy it is to do the swap.

8.8 ftw, you get 31spl, disc brakes, and 4.10 for the cost of the discs

Might as well ask the OP, as he has been running his setup for OVER FIVE YEARS now

Swapping to 29 spline should be easy... grab the shafts and loaded carrier plus carrier bearing cups from the donor, put your ring gear on it, toss it in, set the backlash and carrier preload again and you're done.

Toughest part will be setting backlash, if you don't have the ability to do that, just buy the whole axle and swap it in.

Back