• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tying TNT truss into diff...

I was thinking of not going into the diff cover but to the housing of the pumpkin it self...

The pumpkin is cast so pre-heating would probably be advised (kind of like welding the axle tubes on a Ford 8.8.

If you weld to the pumpkin you don't have to worry about bolts to the truss, cover, etc...
and should be just as strong as if it was welded to the cover.

I know, that's what I was talking about in my post, and it may be the best option.

Without wanting to start a pissing match on the internet.... I do think that it can move sideways a few thousandths of an inch...

Will that matter... I do not know.

After thinking about it more and talking to Dan at Ruff Stuff, I think that it may be able to as well. Problem is, I wouldn't even be able to run a cover from Ruff Stuff because it sticks out too far and will interfere with my WJ steering. As it is, my steering barely clears my cover and when I talked to Dan he gave me measurements for his cover and it sticks out an extra half inch, which would definitely make contact.

Back