• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TUFF SOUNDING EXAUST

Putting enough cam in the 4.0L to actually change the exhaust sound significantly won't be a cam that would gain anything in this engine. It would most likely reduce performance. That muscle car sound that everyone wants comes form long duration, high over lap cams, which work best at high RPMs.

I'll get a sound clip of mine--it has a little lope at idle even though the overlap and lift isn't much more than stock(it's the mopar 30ab cam).

Putting enough cam in the 4.0L to actually change the exhaust sound significantly won't be a cam that would gain anything in this engine. It would most likely reduce performance. That muscle car sound that everyone wants comes form long duration, high over lap cams, which work best at high RPMs.

That isn't entirely accurate. Come listen to our Jeepspeed. In fact, come to a race and listen to all of them. You can definitely hear the ones that moved away from stock cams. We aren't running big duration either - that doesn't work well in the desert.

Banks header, full mandrel 2.5", no cat, 14" Magnaflow, with pipe turned down right after the muffler. It sounds cool. Runs better than when we had the Flowclogger on there.

I like my flowmaster 40 series. They are made of aluminized steel, not aluminum. I think it sounds pretty tough, but for "tuff" you may need the FLooowMASTA! Gangsta series, those are supposed to be super "tuff"

Back