• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TUFF SOUNDING EXAUST

banks header, stock cat, 2 1/2 tubing to a cherry bomb extreme with dual outputs. its as close to a v8 sound as you can get.

i have the magnaflow 10416 and i love the way it sounds. i have a magnaflow cat it runs into a mandrel bent tailpipe. isnt too loud inside at all. and its small and out of the way as well. flows good too since its a straight through style.

IMG_0003-1.jpg

but its really not that bad in the cab. yes i can hear it but it doesnt drone. the only time its somewhat loud in the cab is right around 2k with barely any throttle. to each their own i guess.

That muffler's considerably smaller than my magnaflow (14" vs 18" body),
so if mine's annoying yours would drive me bonkers.

I was actually thinking of switching to a magnaflow with a 22" body.
If you switch, want to donate your current one to me?

My MJ and 96 XJ both had real tuff sounding exhaust but then I replaced them and the new ones didn't come with rust holes so they're quiet now.

You can also let the muffler rust out until it falls off there's nothing more tuff than that. I won't admit to it but somehow I know from personal experience.

I have a MagnaFlow 12586 it sounds great with my engine. It's possible to make your exhaust sound good. If you want your engine to sound larger there is only one way to do it.

Running a Thrush Welded on my 4.0, has a great sound outside but is a little loud in the cabin. But that could be because of the rotted floorpans :looney:

That's the exact model I'm considering. It has a 22" body opposed to the 18" body on my 14256. Do you find your muffler extremely loud in the cabin?
For how large the muffler is it's louder than you would expect. I would assume it would be slightly quieter because it's the same design.

Back