• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tubing Bender

CRASH said:
I have a JD-2 MOdel 2 and love it. Manual operation, no hydro.

Forget about buying the angle indicator, you'll never use it. Read Tinbenbers tube bending instructions on POR. Been using that method for 2 years without fail.

CRASH

Mine came with the degree ring. And as far as the indicator goes, when I bought my last die, it came with a 3/32 tig rod that you bend up and fasten to the die. Works pretty nice. I'll have to check out timbender though.

Hamy.

Beezil said:
nope. rollers are too slow!

Then what are you using now?

Tool/machine junkies want to know.

He uses his Pipes?! :dunno:
BendPipeCopy.JPG

Amund2 said:
Use DOM tubing, but a piping bender is just a tubing bender with dies for piping... get the right die for your tubes/pipes, as long as the bender is strong enough to bend it that will work just fine.

MIG is no worse than TIG, TIG is just harder, prettier, and can be used for more metals than MIG. We use MIG for all our offroad comp cages up here.

I have teh HF "pipe" bender. I have used it for many projects, bumpers, spare tire carriers, etc. Using 1.5" X 0.120 wall tube.

Now I jsut bought a Jeep and want to do an exocage. I am worried about building it incorrectly by messing up teh structural component of teh tube by using the HF bender. You say get adie, how abotu making one?

If I get the 1.5" pipe die adn bend a piece of 1.5" pipe adn then cut it open so it is in the shape of the die, shouldnt this work on teh tube adn not kink it ??

My thinking is that I am using the 1.25" pipe die fopr 1.5" tube and since tube is 1.5" OD and the pipe i woudl use woudl be 1.5" ID this shoudl work right?

Also is 1.5" OD tube good for a exocage or shoudl I do 1.75" OD??

NOVAggie said:
I have teh HF "pipe" bender. I have used it for many projects, bumpers, spare tire carriers, etc. Using 1.5" X 0.120 wall tube.

Now I jsut bought a Jeep and want to do an exocage. I am worried about building it incorrectly by messing up teh structural component of teh tube by using the HF bender. You say get adie, how abotu making one?

If I get the 1.5" pipe die adn bend a piece of 1.5" pipe adn then cut it open so it is in the shape of the die, shouldnt this work on teh tube adn not kink it ??

My thinking is that I am using the 1.25" pipe die fopr 1.5" tube and since tube is 1.5" OD and the pipe i woudl use woudl be 1.5" ID this shoudl work right?

Also is 1.5" OD tube good for a exocage or shoudl I do 1.75" OD??
First off,stay in your English class at school.
Second,its not just about diameters.

Back