• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tube flare write up.

So was there a reason to not go further down the front & rear of the REAR wheel opening... as well as the rear of the front ??
I've wanted a set for a few years... with a little more coverage though... I'm not a big fan of the eyebrow look.
I think they came out very nice... especially for a second project and for the relatively low cost...

Well done !!

Curt

They look good, but why didn't you extend them all the way down to the rockers in the rear of the fronts and the front of the rears?

I would also be worried about them bending in, especially the fronts. I would think about adding a few more braces, unless you don't plan on mashing the front end between trees.

-Alex

I don't like having flares at all, let alone having them run all the way down. Plus I am going up a couple tire sizes and in the rear I'm going to have to cut and fold the lower qtr panel. So the flare would have been in the way there. The way they are allows me to cut where the tires may hit. I was basically looking out for what I want to do down the road.

I am highly considering this for the front flair and using Cruzin's for the rear. I just gotta decide if I want to spend the money on the JCR gaurds

Until you added the silicon, I thought these were for were just to get by on the road. I would agree that these might not be firm enough for hardcore offroad use.

Until you added the silicon, I thought these were for were just to get by on the road. I would agree that these might not be firm enough for hardcore offroad use.

Show me a daily driver that is used for "real" hardcore off road use. They are as strong as the fenders they're mounted to, which is plenty strong for me.

My daily driver is not used for "real" hardcore off road abuse. I think those flares will be strong enough.

Good job, I've been thinking about this project for a while. You just gave me the umpff to try it.

mac

Nice write up man.

Great Job, Bro! The plastic crap wouldn't last and these will outlast the jeep itself.... Nice job keeping the money in your pockets and out of others.:cheers:

Back