• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSL Thornbirds...

Mpeckham22

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have any experience with TSL thronbirds? i hear mixed reviews about them... im not sure if this is the right section.. sorry

go on pirate4x4.com and search thornbirds, you'll find the answer. Ive seen them on the trail & I wouldn't drive out of my driveway with them.

unless you get all crazy and spend hours siping/cutting them

I had a set of slickbirds once. Almost got stuck on flat ground (it was wet clay), and did get stuck crossing ruts once, dry ruts. Let a friend drive my jeep when it was wet and he did a 360 in the middle of the road. I tried to brake on wet roads once and ended up sliding every time I pumped the brakes, right into a car eventually. Absolutely ZERO traction in anything wet. The bias ply and super wide tread led to extreme wandering problems. They were a NIGHTMARE in the mud, they pulled once you got down in it, but the side lugs flung mud EVERYWHERE. The side lugs even caught a brake line once and ripped it out in traffic. Bar none the worst tire I've ever had the misfortune of running.

My next tires were co-op mudders and the wandering problem went away and the getting stuck problem went away. Never got to experience much for wet roads with them because my motor blew soon after I got them.

Goodyear Duratracs are pure win. Good daily, quite, mud, sand, etc.
I just got mine and i've been loving them. However, sidewalls are supposed to be pretty weak...they're not for everything.

well i think that 'bout settles it.. dunlop mud rovers aint bad tho, right?

I've heard horrible things about them

But I'm running recaps - the real red headed step child of tires. Guess I can't say anything bad about another tire?

Back