• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF fun run

Pssssst...Scott I remember going up in Matt's Jeep too! I was sitting on the hood/Left Front bumper, for traction! Good times, good times! I miss the warm "HEAT" weather.

Im down although not to sure what all places my jeep can make it being stock height and all

Don't worry about that. I'm not lifted either. As long as you'r patient (more patient that I am) you can run most all the trails. I know I'm going to bypass the rock of doom though :)

as long as you feel the rig is reliable enough to make the drive. and you have the gas to go, you should be fine.

Sense there are atleast Two noobs, their are a few tips and rules for TSF,

Rule: you must have an ATV sticker, you can find these at many places, Joes, Gales creek Shell, DMV, etc they normally run $10.50 and its a sticker for the vehicle.

Tip:top off your fuel at the gales creek shell station

Tip:A spare tire, and some kind of recovery point is extremely helpful, atleast a trailor hitch. and nobody will be mad if you bring extra tools/parts:rolleyes:
Well I have a 89 with a rebuilt 4.0 with only 87,000 on it so I'm sure the motor is good to go, just put new tie rod and and a new track bar in two weeks ago. As for the rest I'm not sure because that is far as I got but tranny and all seems to be in good shape got around great in the snow storm we got, in fact we were out pulling people out with it and it did great. I always have tools with me not to sure if they are the best of tools or the ones needed but you never know, got the tow strap and floor jack but have to do something about the spare tire the one I got is flat lol. So I'm down for the 28 just let me know the details when they are worked out I really look forward to this should be great time.

Dang, I wish i wasn't so far away! I would love to make a run up there! Everyone is always saying how fun it is! So how far west is it from I-5?

hey 88red2dr leave your house at 6am, and you would be up in the portland area by 8:30, 9 at the latest. thats perfect timing!!?

Dang, I wish i wasn't so far away! I would love to make a run up there! Everyone is always saying how fun it is! So how far west is it from I-5?

If you use a GPS, or look on google earth, ths usual meeting place is Rogers Staging area, which is right off the six.
Latitude - 45 37'21.35 N
Longitude - 123 22'32.43 W

I bet there is a quicker way for you to get there rather then go all the way up to Portland and hang a left.

Maybe go up through Banks?

Are there going to be stock rigs on this run? I may take my rig.

Are there going to be stock rigs on this run? I may take my rig.

thats the plan. this will not be a hard core trip by anymeans. its sorta like takin the kids fishin'. don't plan on fishing. plan on teaching, untieing snagged lines, baiting hooks etc.... if you wanna come hang out, help out, hit some lazy trails or learn the ropes this is the run for you.

if you wanna hit every trail and the hard ones twice. this may not be the run for you. :nono:

again i will post up details later. . . .

:clap:Right here right here I'm running stock, hope not for to long though but will be for this trip.

Wow, I just got an invite to check it out tomorrow! So I might be goin up there! Hopefully my haggard jeep up on the freeway! Hahaha jk

I will have to see if I can make it. Its the saturday after spring break. If there is no Lacrosse game that day, I will be there.

May not still be stock.. but I will be there if there are no lacrosse games.

im running a stock rig for now, not putting the lift from the old XJ on it till i get my locker and brake lines.

so this will be one big stock-fest haha..

i say we do an archers run

im running a stock rig for now, not putting the lift from the old XJ on it till i get my locker and brake lines.

so this will be one big stock-fest haha..

i say we do an archers run
Ok so for the noobs here whats a archers run?
Oh and by the way whats the most likely to get broke parts on these things I have to be able to get my rig home so thinking I might need to pick up a few things just in case.

Back