• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Feb 19-21

we (the GF and I) had a good time she liked how orgnized it was and how you guys could tell her if she could or couldnt run the trail we were headed up and how to go around and meet at the end. I almost forgot (for NW93 I think) the 96 fuel tank I have does not have the anti sphien valve in it so mabe the filler or tube has it

Last edited:
Another great trip guys ! We had a blast ! Dustin, I hope you enjoyed your Bday buddy.

I didn't get to many pictures. Here are a few though...

Dustin's finishes off his night run by conquering a tough line on water fall.
019.jpg

and of course celebrates back at camp like any 21 year old would...
028.jpg

035.jpg

039.jpg

042.jpg

037.jpg

046.jpg

Another one in the books!

The wheeling started Friday night with the planned night run. Those of us who came out to camp for the weekend set out at about 9:00. Hoodraiser, Hogsback, Archers Firebreak, and ending at Waterfall was the plan.

John (Bronzewyrm) waiting to go up the first section of Hogsback.
IMG_0053.jpg

"That Guy" for the weekend. :D
IMG_0056.jpg

Justin (NW_93Sport) requested a poser shot of his first flex test with the new rig.
IMG_0064.jpg

We continued on and eventually came to Rocky Uphill (going down). Here's Scott doing a bit of three wheeling.
IMG_0062.jpg

After Rocky Uphill, we took a look at Canopener and decided to leave it for the daylight. We continued on to Waterfall, and a few of us took a crack at it. I'm still amazed/stoked I made the left side. The conditions were right, and it was definitely an adrenaline rush running it at night. Scott made the right side with a little pedal, but with an open front and 32's you got to give him credit.

After Waterfall we called it a night and headed back to camp around 12:30. The night run didn't quite go as long as I'd planned, but Waterfall was my trophy for the night.

Enter Saturday:

The day trippers showed up Saturday morning, and we got a group going at 10:00. Basically the same trails as the night before, but with the addition of 7Up, Saddle Up, and Firebreak 5.

Ken (RICHARD CRANIUM) flexing out the Pile on Hogsback.
IMG_0066.jpg

Keith (mopar440) camped out the whole weekend with his new Jeep.
IMG_0072.jpg

Ken coming down Rocky Uphill.
IMG_0073.jpg

Seems to flex okay. :cool:
IMG_0074.jpg

Lucky for Ken he was behind me most of the day so he's our featured driver for this trip. Here he is again coming up the left side of Waterfall.
IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Karl (Los Lobos)
IMG_0083.jpg

After conquering Waterfall, we headed back East to run a few more trails.
IMG_0090.jpg

The NWC's adopted trail "Saddle UP" became a pretty good obstacle for the group. I think pretty much everyone had to either take a reverse, or hammer down.
IMG_0091.jpg

Gorgeous day!
IMG_0094.jpg

Curtis (ceb0217) brought out the FJ for this trip.
IMG_0097.jpg

Even with a front locker, I think the wheelbase was key on this climb.
IMG_0098.jpg

Scott (nw-xj-scott)
IMG_0102.jpg

Lucky for him the only video I took on this trip was of him making it up the last ledge on Saddle Up.

Pucker factor was definitely present.
IMG_0105.jpg

Karl not paying attention.
IMG_0106.jpg

Firebreak 5 was the last trail of the day. Ken chose a pretty unique line through past the Rock of Doom (I think he was trying to shave his D60).
IMG_0109.jpg

Not the best picture, but evidence that John was 1 of 3 to take the left line.
IMG_0112.jpg

Very nicely done.
IMG_0114.jpg

Back of the group.
IMG_0119.jpg

Last climb on the first section.
IMG_0126.jpg

Ken and I both hopped on the Firebreak 5 rock garden for a bit.
IMG_0128.jpg

After the first section, a few went back to camp, and a few chose to run the last three sections of trail. Nothing too exciting happened, and we made it back to camp around 5:30.

Thanks to everyone who made it out, it was an awesome weekend. Definitely a memorable 21rst.

so i have a Square wheel, Blew the exhaust donut gasket, and somehow you can see my license plate got edged (still trying to figure that one out..)

Had a real good time as always, guys! Again, Dustin, Happy Day!

Off the wall guess.. maybe a TC chain? rear pinion bearing?

Sorry to resurrect the thread. Now I'm REALLY bummed I missed this run - just didn't have time to mess around with the Jeep much over the past few weeks. Couldn't have asked for a simpler solution - I thought I was looking at rebuilding my TC or replacing the pinion bearing.

Misc008-3.jpg

damn man, thats a $15 fix! that sucks! Well.. get it fixed and lets go hit a few trails in a week or two.. yay/nay?

When a u-joint is that far gone, they start to make some real odd noises. I had one turn to powder, and I thought I was going to be rebuilding my TC that weekend.

CAPS.jpg

Throw a Spicer 5-785x in, and you'll be good to go. :thumbup:

I picked up a Precision last night - it's all they had. They came highly recommended by a friend (not as highly as Spicer), though I did intend to go with Spicer. It started with a noise, then turned in to a nasty vibration. The joint was all but seized on one axis - it could almost hold the weight of the driveshaft if you held the ears at 6 and 12.
I'm pretty sure I'll be heading up to TSF to play a bit this weekend - haven't been up there for at least a month.

Back