• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trusted New York Mechanic

83evans

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,

I have a 94 cherokee sport with a mild death wobble problem. Steering stabilizer dampens most of it but still gets out of control when it hits a bump right. I spent all weekend trying to figure out what is causing it and now I am out of time and ready to take it to a shop. Problem is that I have taken it to a couple places and they couldnt figure it out. I have doubts that regular mechanics have the experience to correctly troubleshoot and resolve a death wobble problem.

So my question is this: does anyone know a mechanic they would trust to look at this issue in the albany/binghamton area? I live in Brooklyn but the jeep is upstate right now.

If you dont know a good shop, any hints for finding one would be appreciated. For now, I am scouring the forums and googles...

You can head over to my shop but I'm a bit of a ways from Binghamton. Search EVB in Danbury CT

x2 you will get fixed up right over there. You can also call Rock Krawler/ Pure Performance they're in 518 somewhere.. pretty sure they have a shop there too or at the least can point you in the right direction. They're good people.

There is a place in Binghampton called Avery Auto Service. I'm in Tennessee, how do I know this? My daughter is named Avery and after a google search for garages with her name I called them to see if I could buy a shirt with their name and logo on it.

Not only did they send her one, they had her name put on the front and threw in a grown up sized one for me - and they did it all for free.

I'd darken their door just for that. Do they do a good job? Who knows. Their customer service is great though.

If you want, you can bring it by my place. I live 25 minutes NW of Binghamton. I'm not a mechanic by trade, but I've been under a few of these things, and we may be able to figure it out, and you can learn something about your rig at the same time.

PM me and we can discuss times.

David Bricker / SYR

Thanks all for the suggestions! Much appreciated. If anyone else knows a good shop around Albany/Binghamton or south of there towards NYC I would love to hear about it!

Back