• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trussing an axle and new skid plate

Re: trussing a axle and new skid plate

And you have a lot to learn about tact, as well as trusses and welding to cast... This is a warning... stop insulting other members right now.

i know plenty about welding, trussing and cast iron, its kind of what i do, no no its ACTUALLY what i do, and who needs tact, this is the internet, so far as i can tell i only see one warning in my box from a long time ago.....

i know plenty about welding, trussing and cast iron, its kind of what i do, no no its ACTUALLY what i do, and who needs tact, this is the internet, so far as i can tell i only see one warning in my box from a long time ago.....

Are you f'n serious?lastara

STFU man! Who gives a flying F*ck what you do?!?

I thought you were a 23 y/o Automotive service Tech/Shop manager.. at least thats what you claim to be.

You could just stay off DesertRunner's thread. I posted a pic of how we did it, thats all. Just becuse it's not welded to the center doesn't mean it's not strong. There are plenty of trusses out there that are not welded to the center.

Here's one right here http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243993974&postcount=34

he also has a TNT truss on the front, which some people weld them and some dont. Clayton is the same way. they have a weld on truss that doesn't touch the center section.

well back on topic!

anyone know how much the shaft will travel in throught the travel? i have about a inch of useable yoke showing! before wham! that enough?

well back on topic!

anyone know how much the shaft will travel in throught the travel? i have about a inch of useable yoke showing! before wham! that enough?

I will travel inward as it droops, I would be more worried about it pulling out when you compress. I don't think it reall moves that much though may be and inch or so. I've only ever ran SYE's so I never had to worry about that too much.

Justin

i have a drive shaft loop (limit strap) so if it comes out thats not a bad thing... it never has before. but im ready for it. i would love to do a sye but its not in the budget currently! i need to replace the rear trans seal and front tcase seal first (one of them is leaking)

ok its time to start on the new skid plate its only gonna hold the license plate so...

heres how it looks now:
P090525001.jpg

and heres what im thinking:
jeepidea.jpg

please feel free to photoshop the first picture to give me your idea and all opinions are welcomed!
thanks!
chad

gotta make the upper tabs, buy button head bolts, round the skid plate a litte and mount the plate!
DSCN0571.jpg

and i welded up the broken gears too!
DSCN0573.jpg

what do you mean you welded up the broken gears? sick jeep by the way, you have encouraged me to build my axle trusses this week while i'm out of school for the next two weeks.

The gears are welded that way I'm going to find a clock that will fin in the ring gear and make it desk art! Thanks for the complement!

Oh i had a sneaking suspician that that's what you meant but just had to make sure. How'd you manage to do that to the pinion? What axle? R&P brand? and tire size? Thanks, i'm just in the market and like to do research.

It was a stroker motor beating up a d35 for about 3 years... It blew apart when I made a right turn the LSD bit and it popped. Drove it home about a mile... They were 355's

haha ive only had it for 6 years so its been a slow build but every time i break something i try to replace it with something better.

Back