• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

true or false

I don't understand why anyone would put poly bushings anywhere on their jeep.
They don't ride plush when off the showroom floor, and, who really wants more NVH in a vehicle you spend great amounts of time in?
My 1/4 mile toy is solid mounts, and spherical bushings out the yingyang because I sit in it for less than 5 minuets at a time, and I'm looking for every 100th of a second eliminated from elapsed time.
My Jeep is nice cushy OEM rubber everywhere except the axle mounts for the control arms... and those are in the name of removing stress from the chassis mounts under flex... otherwise they too would be OEM rubber. plodding along washboard roads, rough trails, deterioriated asphalt roads, I'm looking for as much NHV and harmonics absorbtion as I can get.

As for running rubber mounts on the motor, and poly on the tranny, it is well documented to take out 5.0 trannys. I assume if we clutch dropped our rigs at 6500rpm on slicks we'd see the same thing... I've heard of guys running poly t-maounts in convertibles craking the tranny simply traversing a driveway curb... but those 5.0's flex like mad... I am assuming it has more to do with the unibody allowing more flex than can be accomodated by rubber mounts up front and the more solid poly mount at the tranny.

Back