• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trucks! ZJ Build

haha, my brother (who has a 5.9) called me on sunday about this

Him: Dood, on trucks they are building a 5.9 Zj now!!
me: Sweet, I hope they don't put crap on it like the cheep jeep.
Him: Too late, they are putting rusty's long arms
me: well... at least it's a long arm kit.
him: yeah.. oh well.

Don't bash the guys too bad...they are known for cruising these forums.

call it bashing, call it brutal honesty... if they come on it may help explain why they do/use some of the things they do.
I don't know anything about Rusty's LA's but the design can't be far off what other radius arms are. As shitty as it would be, it would be good to see them really wheel it to exploit the weakness of Rusty's parts, such as the Trac-Bar.
I still don't understand the D60 w/D30 outers, other than maybe to keep the bolt pattern and cheapness of parts. Granted replacing weak parts when they break on the trail probably isn't worth the savings in the long run.

kdailey4315 said:
I thought there was already a thread about this. They put D30 knuckles on the D60 they put in there and I thought people were bashing them about it. Either way it looks like it will be nice when it's done.
BTW It will be funny as hell if that Rusty's trackbar breaks while filming it offroad.

They reused the axles from a YJ build. I'm the one that posted about the D30 outers. I still think it's retarded.
Billy

beakie said:
I still don't understand the D60 w/D30 outers, other than maybe to keep the bolt pattern and cheapness of parts. Granted replacing weak parts when they break on the trail probably isn't worth the savings in the long run.

Don't they ALWAYS order new wheels anyway? And they got a matched set of axles! If the excuse is to save the cost of the D60 outters, gimme a break! Build a junkyard 44 then!
Billy

Mudderoy said:
http://www.jeepstrokers.com/cheepjeep/

Part 4 is on the trail, get ready to be bored about all the talking about "proper" use of the Earth. You know how fragile dirt is....

Easy now. I'm not a greenie by any stretch, but there is some truth in that. If LBL hadn't changed their ORV structure from a free-for-all to a trail system, there is a possibility that the Forest Service would have closed the area to OHVs for good. Leave the OT forum for a while and check out Land Use. If someone doesn't preach about responsible wheeling, we won't have any place to go. The Trucks! piece on land use was good, and it reached a national audience; hopefully dispelling some stereotypes about OHV users.

:soapbox:

Jester99 said:
Don't bash the guys too bad...they are known for cruising these forums.

Who cares? What, because these guys are on TV they're allowed to "educate" people on how not to do something and pass it off as gospel. Are we supposed to sit around and eat it up, all the while keeping our mouths shut because they cruise around here 'sometimes.' If they were really interested in the jeep community they would see the opinions of the masses and wonder why there is 100's of people calling them ignorant. Maybe Rusty's could do the same and actually improve their products.

Besides, if anyone else stuff's their foot in their mouth and does something stupid, no one gives it a second thought to bash them. Do we deserve less respect because we are not on TV? Anyway, to me powerblock TV is public access with a better budget.

IllianaXJ said:
Easy now. I'm not a greenie by any stretch, but there is some truth in that. If LBL hadn't changed their ORV structure from a free-for-all to a trail system, there is a possibility that the Forest Service would have closed the area to OHVs for good. Leave the OT forum for a while and check out Land Use. If someone doesn't preach about responsible wheeling, we won't have any place to go. The Trucks! piece on land use was good, and it reached a national audience; hopefully dispelling some stereotypes about OHV users.

:soapbox:

Hey no problem, you are entitled to you opinion. I'm sure it's a more mature position that mine.

I understand "we" have to do what the green people say or they'll take away our blah blah blah. I would have rather they spent the time wheeling the Cheep Jeep than preaching to me, that's all.

JeepFreak21 said:
Don't they ALWAYS order new wheels anyway? And they got a matched set of axles! If the excuse is to save the cost of the D60 outters, gimme a break! Build a junkyard 44 then!
Billy

Hey man, no argument from me. I was trying to come up with a reason for them to do it... thats all I could come up with.

darincraft said:
Maybe Rusty's could do the same and actually improve their products.

Sadly if your making money selling a product, your not going to spend money trying to improve it. Your gonna rake in as much as you can, as long as you can.
Course he could try something called 'customer feedback' and improve the design, or build quality from the start like TNT or JKS, <insert quality name part manufacturer here>
Nah, Rusty has enough 'customers' that have said he makes good stuff so why would he change it?

What I really can't understand with HorsePower TV, is with all the other manufacturers out there, why they don't sponsor the channel and get their name out there instead of Rusty's Onroad Crap.

beakie said:
Sadly if your making money selling a product, your not going to spend money trying to improve it. Your gonna rake in as much as you can, as long as you can.
Course he could try something called 'customer feedback' and improve the design, or build quality from the start like TNT or JKS, <insert quality name part manufacturer here>
Nah, Rusty has enough 'customers' that have said he makes good stuff so why would he change it?

What I really can't understand with HorsePower TV, is with all the other manufacturers out there, why they don't sponsor the channel and get their name out there instead of Rusty's Onroad Crap.

Very true, in fact that is good business to a certain point. If you are making money on a product that there are few if any complaints getting back to you ( most people will complain to others, however they will not give the vendor the opportunity to make it right), then why would you take the time and money to recall the design to improve it.

I change my statement to reflect that complaints should be made to the company themselves and be given the opportunity to correct the issue, then let the typed beatings begin.

Hey man they are just advertising. True it may not have been a good choice but who cares its not your rig. The damn cheep jeep had two NAXJA stickers on it, so they were on here getting advice. They were just building a rig man and they drove it there wheeled it then drove it back SO they didn't do too bad of a job on it. I hope the ZJ does the same! granted they may not have done everything to strict NAXJA specifications but they did a damn decent job and it held up! now go put some parts on your jeeps and get off the forum for a while :D

FlexdXJ said:
Hey man they are just advertising. True it may not have been a good choice but who cares its not your rig. The damn cheep jeep had two NAXJA stickers on it, so they were on here getting advice. They were just building a rig man and they drove it there wheeled it then drove it back SO they didn't do too bad of a job on it. I hope the ZJ does the same! granted they may not have done everything to strict NAXJA specifications but they did a damn decent job and it held up! now go put some parts on your jeeps and get off the forum for a while :D

Wow chill out man, did you run out of midol? You need a prescription for that anger you got all stowed up.:clap: Might I suggest Xanax.

Well its turning into pirate over here. How in the Hell do you figure i am mad anyways. There were no harsh tones in that. i was just giving you guys some shit. hence the :D Damn it!

I read your previous post, started crying and continued until this last one... thanks for clearing that up.

Rusty's sucks!!

Oh and I am waiting on new axles, when they get here... I WILL put them on and wheel some more. SO THERE!!:cheers:

Last edited:
I only saw the end part of the show but was interested in the junkyard brake up grade that they said would work on most Jeeps. They talked of a spacer for the spindle and larger rotors and calipers from a newer Grand. Do you think this is a worth while project? Do you think you'd have to up grade the master cylinder on a 91XJ? Does anyone know where to get more details on this up grade.

WJ brake upgrade... search and ye will find.

RangerRick said:
I only saw the end part of the show but was interested in the junkyard brake up grade that they said would work on most Jeeps. They talked of a spacer for the spindle and larger rotors and calipers from a newer Grand. Do you think this is a worth while project? Do you think you'd have to up grade the master cylinder on a 91XJ? Does anyone know where to get more details on this up grade.

beakie said:
WJ brake upgrade... search and ye will find.
I thought they used WK brakes... which made me wonder what the chances of finding them at a yard for a decent price are.
Billy

FlexdXJ said:
Well its turning into pirate over here. How in the Hell do you figure i am mad anyways. There were no harsh tones in that. i was just giving you guys some shit. hence the :D Damn it!

WAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAA:rattle: :looser:

If you don't like it over here then maybe you should take your own advice and go somewhere else.

darincraft said:
WAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAA:rattle: :looser:

If you don't like it over here then maybe you should take your own advice and go somewhere else.

What's up your ass dude? :D

Back