• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission???

BigIrish

NAXJA Forum User
Problem when starting off. The engine seems to "lug" or not have a lot of power when accelerating with the trans in "D" or "3" but accelerates good in "1-2." Anyone know what might be the problem befor I have to send it to the mechanic? It's almost like the brakes are dragging.

reach under the glovebox under the dash and pull down the TCU. there is an inline fuse in there. This is exactly what mine did and a tranny shop said $1500 to 2000 to fix. I dropped the tranny and put in one from a wrecking yard. When I was done it still acted like what you said your is doing. I had heard of the fuse and the TCU but listened to who I thought was a reputible mechanic. I have a couple of the 500.00 15 amp fuses if you want to buy one from me. Ha Ha Then you have to cycle your keys at least 75 times to clear the code or take it to a dealer. This is no joke.
Jim

Last edited:
Back