• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Confusing Drive Engagement

xactorocker

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I'm working my 92 Cherokee with the AW4 and it has me stumped. so when i get in the jeep i puts it in reverse it engages almost instantly no issues at all and works like normal. Then when i go to put it in drive there is like no engagement for 30 or more seconds and i have to like rev and to get it to grab slowly. see now the weird part is once it has grabbed and engaged it drives perfect not a single problem at all its really weird its almost like the trans is losing pressure or not building it in the torque converter but then I don't understand why there is no problem in reverse. Any help is appreciated thank y'all.

A complete transmission flush is always the best starting point when trying to diagnose automatic transmission issues! A draining only gets a small portion of the entire system.

Ok thanks yeah I actually just figured it out I guess my tv cable was actually just loose enough to not engage drive but not to mess with normal driving and shifting. I adjusted the cable and everything seems to be cleared up now. thanks for the help!

Back