• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Questions

Hey Steve good call man. I read up on Phoenix after what you said and cancelled my order. They really didn't want to cancel it and just kept transferring me to department after department,trying to delay the inevitable. They are very unorganized and I would prefer not to replace anything when I get the tranny. Once again good call on that.

Collin

I just "wasted" 1000 bucks on my rebuild last august. A year later it runs great. In the last two months I've been from Florida to Mass. and back then just last week up to Virginia. My advice? Find a shop that likes $cash$. That should give you a nice little discount. BTW, the 1000 I spent included the TQ coverter, new Ujoints, and a new rear seal for my xfer case. He threw in some other junk too. Shop around and see what you can find, I considered a reman from Jasper engines but this was way cheaper.

I found a place here in Des Moines that will rebuild mine for 12-14 hundred depending on whats wrong. I'm thinking it's well worth it though because the engine really shows no signs of weakening except all those oil leaks but even with those it still really runs pretty smooth. I just put $850 in a paintjob so I think I'll bring her back to life. My Cherokee is well worth it! I'm sure I will spend rediculous amounts of money on it before it dies.

$850? Wow, must be nice. There's a place here in town that has a $299 special running... I keep threatening my wife that I'll repaint but I like the freedom of crappy paint. Maybe one day...

Oh yeah the $850 job looks incredibly nice-MAACO of course. Metallic Black. If you want to see it check out my website.

www.freewebs.com/jeepguy.

Back