• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Fluid Specifications

martin said:
I was looking at Dextron bottles today in the store for you. The certification number use to be D-3XXX for a dextron III. I noticed the bottle say Rev H and the cert number is a H-XXXXX and since it generally packaged as dextron/mercon it has two numbers H-XXXXX/MOXXXX.

I heard good things about the Valvoline MAx Life and I'm planning to use it.
I found two numberson the bottles, D276H H36036.
What do you think?

I'm about to put my AW 4 back in, after servicing the filter, removing the torque converter (and draining) and resealing (done by a shop).

QUESTION: How much Dextron II should I buy? How many changes? I'm guesssing that most of the fluid that was in there is out now after all this work.

sjx40250 said:
If the capacity is 12Qts and you can only drain 4 at a time, then you need to drain at least 4 if not 5 times to get most of the old stuff out since every change is a dilution of new and old.
I think the capacity is 17qts. I thought I could do a whole scale change, in a senior moment, and have way too much in my cabnet.
I also recall a thread a few months ago (6+) about this issue and how many times you needed to change to theoretically clean the whole system. do a search

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=529941&postcount=18

Back