• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Train Wreck thread

The only after pic that was taken.
trainderailed.jpg

I am going to install my rock lights and i don't understand how it works.Do i hook the hot side up to the light and then the other hot to the switch and ground it to the battery with the key? If so that means i'll need 9 more switches right? Do i need to run relays on these lights?They are LEDs so they pull very little on the ground.

Thank you for your time.This learning isn't easy.

I would hook them all up in series parallel with individual grounds off a single switch, this way if one burns out the others will still work. They are very low power, but you may still consider running a relay since you could run the ground side of the relay to the switch and thus avoid one more positive wire under your dash. Don't forget the fuse.

I would hook them all up in series parallel with individual grounds off a single switch, this way if one burns out the others will still work. They are very low power, but you may still consider running a relay since you could run the ground side of the relay to the switch and thus avoid one more positive wire under your dash. Don't forget the fuse.

What is this now John? If you tell him how to do it right, we might as well just close this here wreck. :shhh::nono::roflmao::moon:

Hot tip of the day: if wiring something in your vehicle and you know it’ll take a lot of amperage, hook the hot end up to your dome light. Doors are heavy, and so you know dome lights are up to the task.

Hot tip of the day: if wiring something in your vehicle and you know it’ll take a lot of amperage, hook the hot end up to your dome light. Doors are heavy, and so you know dome lights are up to the task.

Wait my doors are not heavy. I cut them and removed all the glass so my doors are lite.But i do have speakers in them , that cost me a bunch of money to have them installed.party1:
I sound cool when i go to the MALL now:looser:

OK over the weekend i had friends show up who helped me with things i broke off my jeep.Lets just say axles are not meant to hit mountains above 50 MPH. We used JB Weld to fix it, i heard that stuff works great.So so good on the axle.:)

Now for the lights(rock lights.LED's). I started on them, man that tape is so sticky i got one stuck on my finger and can't get it off.I also got one on my forehead, i removed the covers on the tape so i could just grab and mount, this was a bad idea i guess.When i got the one stuck to my finger i bent down and hit my head on the work bench and thats now i got it stuck to my forehead. What would help getting this thing off?Right now i have a battery in a backpack and it powers the light, i don't look silly this way.Right! Man these jeeps are so hard to work on.

A few dabs of this and you should be good to go:

030192083307lg.jpg

I’m glad to hear you are improving your Jeep for safety, because I am, too!

In my never-ending quest to GO GREEN, I think I finally hit a genius idea.

I drilled a big hole in the hatch floor area with a hole saw bit on my DeWalt. I then bought a large exhaust turndown, put it on the end of my pipe, but turned it UP, so that it feeds into the hatch area of the Jeep!

If I’m containing all my fumes, there’s no WAY they can get out into the environment, right?

I know, I know, brilliance.

Back