• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Train Wreck thread

Be vewwwy quiet!
Elmer_Fudd.jpg

I see the resembelance

:wave:
OK folks i just changed my closed radiator to a open one by removing the rad cap.This was so easy.Don't know why you guys buy new radiators for this job.I am learning fast.:gee:

Hose fulla vodka... uh huh...

Scott, new tip!

I think Cherokees are heavy. So yesterday, I worked on a few weight saving things that really shaved the pounds off of mine.

· Ditched cumbersome spare tire and jack. Whew! There went fifty pounds!
· No more tools in the cargo area. Easily fifty more!
· I ditched the grille and headlights. I also removed the air cleaner, the bumpers, the hood, and the windshield wipers.

Now my Cherokee should be a beast!

Thanks for the tip man.I started already.
006.jpg

PLus we're trying this on a buddy's jeep.I think it will cut down on a lot myself
004-1.jpg

We also removed the t-case and both drive lines, man he get a crap load of mileage now

As far as working on the Jeep, you need some serious tools. If you are a just screwdriver and socket set guy, you are in for a rude awakening. Because of the age and rust, these are very difficult cars to work on. You will need to step up into the pros. MAPP torch, eye/face protection, angle grinder, dremel, breaker bars, bench vice, air compressor, welder are all mandatory if you plan to do anything more than changing an air filter.

...:twak:

Back