• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer Tires

RenegadeStang

NAXJA Forum User
What are you guys running for trailer tires? My dad has a 29' camper trailer and has been running Carlisles but has had too many blowouts from them for his comfort level.

How old were they when they blew? When was the last time the pressure was checked? I have been in the auto business for a while, and 99% of tire blow outs I see are on tires 8 yrs old or more. I have always used the in the radial form for my trailers, and used the ag tires from them.

Here's the thing though, he may have only had them a couple years, but they may be 3 or even more years old when he got them. Don't get me wrong, anyone can get a batch of bad tires from any brand. Here is my 2 suggestions, make sure they are made in U.S.A and check the D.O.T numbers and get them less than a year old

. Here is my 2 suggestions, make sure they are made in U.S.A and check the D.O.T numbers and get them less than a year old

Good luck with that one. All major trailer tire mfg are coming from overseas with Carlisle being the exception.

I have had extremely good luck with the Tow Master Brand. Top notch tire with an excellent warranty and good customer service. They have a nation wide warranty on their tires.

That's my $.02

Yeah made in America is a hard thing to find any more, but if you do get tires check the DOT's and make sure you are getting new tires, as in made in the last year or less.

Yep, when I went to buy new trailer tires they were all off shore brands. Also all were 2-3 years old in the warehouse. I bought Tow Master Brand less than 6 months old from my local Costco. They had to order my size.

Good deal man. I was just going through some michelin stuff yesterday, and they state any tire over 5 yrs old is considered past it's useful life. That being said I also yesterday pulled tires off a truck with DOT's of 1583.......

Back