• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer Idea

Build a rack, and pack smart. How much stuff is a trailer going to get hung up on on the trail. Now instead of just working your rig through the trail you need to pull that thing through and try to keep it from sliding off a rock and causing you to flop. It might be good for easy trails, but if all your running are easy trails then why do you need all that anyways.

Because you might be out for more then a day or two, you might want to take more supplies, maybe your family is too large for just a RRT, maybe your preference for the type of wheeling has changed, maybe you want to sleep 4 adults off the ground... and so on... oh and maybe your old fat ass doesn't sleep as well as it use to on the ground in a tent... LOL !!!

I want one for all the above and more... there are ways to make things happen for any senario... when I get mine built I won't be drag'n it up the Rubicon... more like the Bradshaw... the Mojave Rd. and HOPEFULLY if they're still open many of the trails in the 4 corners area...
Hey life is always ready to throw changes at us so I never know... I can hope though.

Curt

That sure is alot of money for a trailer that dosen't even have any room for actual gear :dunno: ! You could probably pick up a military and customize it to suit your needs for less. I built a trailer to tow behind my early Bronco and also tow it with my Toyota p/u. It carries all my gear, water and fuel cans and goes wherever my truck(s) goes (dogs take up the back) I'll probably pull it with my XJ (once I have it trail ready) as well.
Build a rack, and pack smart. How much stuff is a trailer going to get hung up on on the trail. Now instead of just working your rig through the trail you need to pull that thing through and try to keep it from sliding off a rock and causing you to flop. It might be good for easy trails, but if all your running are easy trails then why do you need all that anyways.
Oh, yeah mine has been on the Rubicon (pulled it through the Little Sluice.......broke a rear shaft but, it went through) Dusy, Coyote (going this weekend).........so, they're not just for easy trails ;)--------Hans

Last edited:
Back