• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRAIL RIDE - MARCH 11

....you missed a good trailride, but you made the right call not camping. I work outdoors most every day, and for whatever reason it was bitterly cold up there in a way even I could not stand, even in a cabin.

just putting up a tent at the park you gotta plan, the wind is always blowing, and it seems to be colder on top of the mtn

Yeah there were people tenting it at rausch last weekend! I know I keep a couple good tent heaters and whatnot, but I have to say I honestly don't know how they could stand it. I've tented down to about 25 degrees at night and managed, but the conditions last weekend were horrible. I work outdoors, so I have a reference point, and yet for whatever reason even during the day it felt way colder than that, even out of the wind.

I've tented down to about 25 degrees at night and managed, but the conditions last weekend were horrible. I work outdoors, so I have a reference point, and yet for whatever reason even during the day it felt way colder than that, even out of the wind.

I tented in NY state in -12 back in the Boy Scouts. My boots froze solid to the point where I couldn't even put them on in the morning. We didn't have any of those fancy tent heater things. :p I still have that sleeping bag too and it still works well.

Looks like a fun trip, hopefully I'll have time to get out there again soon.

I tented in NY state in -12 back in the Boy Scouts. My boots froze solid to the point where I couldn't even put them on in the morning. We didn't have any of those fancy tent heater things. :p I still have that sleeping bag too and it still works well.

Looks like a fun trip, hopefully I'll have time to get out there again soon.

...your presence was missed, but I imagine you're not finished gobbling down those Swiss chocolates you brought home, so no worries. Looked like an (oh I hate using this overused word!) Epic trip you took there, trust me there were some envious comments made around the fire Friday nite.
Rich

Back