• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Ideas

corbinafly said:
X2. I hope!

AZ voted # 1 wheelin in the nation..... Im from Cali too dont get me wrong I love home. But I have wheeled there and here. I truly enjoy and prefer AZ over Cali any day....:clap: Cant believe I just said that... Please take my Laker Lover Card....:doh:

We will be posting a list or trails along with a sign up sheet to begin the day.

caged XJ said:
Does any one know what trails are going to be run on what days?

Jason, with the number of rigs that are supposed to be showing up, there should be multiple runs each day. Do you have my cell #?

The key to getting more than 1 run in a day is to keep the rigs to a small group on each trail. Also to have the rigs on the trails that they are capable of and not just wanting to see if they can.
This is why we will make the trails and have sign ups each day.
I am also hoping for some night runs so make sure to have your rock lights ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE WE THERE YET???????????????

Lata

Is there any way to start the sign up sheets early? I'm showing up Friday and don't want to be left out of a run that sounds fun...:cry:

AZRockRunner said:
The key to getting more than 1 run in a day is to keep the rigs to a small group on each trail. Also to have the rigs on the trails that they are capable of and not just wanting to see if they can.
This is why we will make the trails and have sign ups each day.
I am also hoping for some night runs so make sure to have your rock lights ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE WE THERE YET???????????????

Lata

Mdub said:
Is there any way to start the sign up sheets early? I'm showing up Friday and don't want to be left out of a run that sounds fun...:cry:

Yeah, like someone will say ' You can't go with US, because you didn't sign up early enough....'
Probably don't need to worry about that one..
Making sure your rig is capable of the run you choose is, by far, the most important item in keeping the groups rollin'....

Now that I have said that......I'll break something stupid on the first rock...

:wierd:

Ya, we just want everyone to be safe and have fun. Run the trails that there rig is capable of and ride along on harder ones if you want.

so my heres my question im coming out thre on sat morning is there a meet a great spot or how are we all meeting up ive been there the past two weekends and done a few trails out there cant wait to wheel with a few more xjs rather than tjs so thats my question weres everyone meeting and or what time thx

All runs will originate and end at the camp site location.
You cant miss us, we will be all the CHEROKEES that know how to wheel!!!!!!!!!!yucka yucka yucka!!!!!

We will be on the left side of the road before the flag pole. I dont remember the exact distance, but you shouldnt be able to miss the XJ's and the large camping area with porta potties.

Cottonwood Canyon is 5 miles S of US60 on SR79. Go east on Cottonwood Canyon about 4 miles (I'm guessing) and the group camping/event area will be on the left prior to reaching the 2nd cattle guard/flagpole. The flagpole that is being discussed above is at the SR79/Cottonwood Canyon turnoff. I will be out there on Wed night with my 5th wheel. Shouldn't miss the rig.

If anyone wants a phone # in case, pm me. I will also try to monitor CB4 and HAM 146.92 unless I'm not getting reception on .92, then I'll have to find a different machine to link to.

H2H sounds like a long day for you guys even taking the bypasses. Its a (4.5+) trail. Id be worried about taking full boddied Xjs on 33s and stock axles through there. Its a long trial to get broke on.
t_h2h_ash2_619.jpg

t_ashman_h2h_4_113.jpg

Ajax extension (4.0+) would be a good trail to continue on through for the more built guys in the group.. easier and shorter then H2H

Extension has only two grnarly sections it was fun wet.
Flexor.jpg

Aaron_1.jpg

Lower wood pecker (4.5) very short easy to be extraceted from
t_ashman_lw_1_103.jpg

upper wood the fire hole is bypassable
t_ashman_uw_1_198.jpg

Martinez canyon boulder field
t_dsc03415_925.jpg

there is some other optional stuff to play on there as well
t_dsc03419_croped_978.jpg

Good rules of thumb for a big group: dont rock stack, give it three tries then pull cable or your holding up the group, stay on the trail, have fun.

ashmanjeepxj said:
Good rules of thumb for a big group: dont rock stack, give it three tries then pull cable or your holding up the group, stay on the trail, have fun.

Great rules for all trail days!!.... I wish these were always applied. :peace:

Liked what you said so much, i made it my sig.

Last edited:
Great post Ashman. Welcome back to the board.

Totally agree about the comment about 33s + stock axles on H2H. I did Upper Ajax with 33s, stock axles, and no front locker. I needed a winch once and took one bypass. Probably shouldn't have been on that trail.

Only thing I'd say differently is that I don't remember Lower Woodpecker being nearly as tough as Upper Ajax. Maybe there are two lines (one on the right easier - left harder?)...my poor memory.

Last edited:
So what is the schedule for trails, I will be arriving friday only what time will we leave...

Back