• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Ideas

Out here. you have to get a permit to be on state trust land. it's about 20 bux. kinda like a forest adventure pass. I'm not sure exactly how it works. If I find a link I'll post up info on it.

It is my understanding that we will have a group permit that will allow us to camp there. Steve can you verify this?
You do NOT need a permit to drive the trails out there just to camp on state trust land.

bhorocks said:
state trust land permits will be needed right? should that be stickyed?

No individual or family state trust land permit is required. We will have a non-profit club permit.

Brian, I don’t have the permit yet but the asld cashed the $50 check so I think we’re good. I filled out the application, included the liability ins paper, provided section, town, range, and county identification along with plat map, topo map, and twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one….
tipshades.gif

XJ20 said:
No individual or family state trust land permit is required. We will have a non-profit club permit.

Brian, I don’t have the permit yet but the asld cashed the $50 check so I think we’re good. I filled out the application, included the liability ins paper, provided section, town, range, and county identification along with plat map, topo map, and twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one….
tipshades.gif

well,

all that info should do it!

Yes, thank you very much for posting that up Steve.

Also, I want to add a note to Woundedxj, as far as the Z-turn on Elvis goes, BRING IT ?BABY, I am ready for it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AZRockRunner said:
Yes, thank you very much for posting that up Steve.

Also, I want to add a note to Woundedxj, as far as the Z-turn on Elvis goes, BRING IT ?BABY, I am ready for it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh revenge! How sweet it is.

XJ20 said:
.... and twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one….
tipshades.gif

Haven't heard that in a long time. :D

Brian, have you started identifying leaders and tail gunners for the various trails or are you going to wait. I will be out there Thu morning. When are you coming up?

I have not defined a list yet. I will wait till we are closer to the date.

moving to phx the 21 of march and like to go on the run with you guys. What do I need to do? I haven't been on any of the trails in AZ. I have a 92xj 4.5 lift 33 TSL swampers dana 30 open, 8.25 locked and NO rock pertection. Up in seattle it goes anywhere. But not sure about down there. Alot of rocks down there.

bill shondel said:
moving to phx the 21 of march and like to go on the run with you guys. What do I need to do? I haven't been on any of the trails in AZ. I have a 92xj 4.5 lift 33 TSL swampers dana 30 open, 8.25 locked and NO rock pertection. Up in seattle it goes anywhere. But not sure about down there. Alot of rocks down there.

Well, 1st off, PICS or BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd of all, it sounds likeyou got a decent rig and can handle most 3 and maybe 4 rated trails. I would think about rocker protection and trannie and transfercase protection ASAP but I wheeled without it for a few weeks.

Most of the trails we run have bypasses for the hard stuff so, as long as your careful you should be fine.

:cheers:

bill shondel said:

I think you will be fine. Rocker protection is a plus if you can pick some up in time, but do not let it stop you from joining us there.

My heep is similar to yours. I would suggest transfer case skid, gas tank skid and rock sliders if you can do it before the event. If not, most everything has bypasses if there's a chance to cause damage.

looks like its fun and beautiful there... looking forward to my first AZ wheeling trip!

mattyj said:
looks like its fun and beautiful there... looking forward to my first AZ wheeling trip!
X2. I hope!

Back