• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Rig, 02 Ford Excursion

FarmerMatt

NAXJA Forum User
We're selling the wife's truck. This thing has been the most reliable & dependable car we've ever owned. It kills me to get rid of it, but my wife has a disabled aunt she looks after & the trucks too tall for her to get in anymore. We bought it in 03 & it had 15,000 miles. The owner of the dealership drove it from new. We maintain our vehicles like we have OCD.

The car is an 02 Diesel Excursion Limited, 4X4 with captains chairs in the back seat.

The motor is a 7.3L Diesel (last year for the best diesel motor ford put out). It's turned up with the Edge Evolution turner. The intake is Tymar & the exhaust is ATS with a 4" down tube from the turbo to a 5" tip out the back. Temps are monitored with the X monitor on the "A" pillar. This car runs & pulls strong!

The tranny is still stock & original except we put a large capacity pan on it. Tranny temps never get hot.

The suspension is pretty much stock except we put Ford 3/4 ton pickup springs under the front to boost the front end another inch or so off the bump stops. The rear end has a set of air bag helper springs to help with those heavy loads along with bilstein shocks. We put a new set of BFG AT's on it last spring so tires are in good shape.

Now the bad...

The car has 210,000 miles on it (but they're all freeway miles :D) Like I said the car is well taken care of which is shown by still being on it's first tranny with that many miles.

We're asking $14,000
We're in central Cal near Fresno.

i-1.JPG

i-2.JPG

i-3.JPG

i-4.JPG

Back