• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TOTM? Give Suggestions!

I'd like to see some discussion on common misconceptions in Jeepspeed including long arm vs. short arm suspension, cage building/chassis stiffening, weight and weight distribution, and gearing.

Chris

what about for the complete newbs(like me), lets say i start racing and start getting free sponsor stuff, race money etc...how do i explain all that to uncle sam once tax time comes in? you know, the business end of racing. also what about a tech checklist. what to have ready to be inspected, and what if any extra things might need to be looked at?

what about for the complete newbs(like me), lets say i start racing and start getting free sponsor stuff, race money etc...how do i explain all that to uncle sam once tax time comes in? you know, the business end of racing. also what about a tech checklist. what to have ready to be inspected, and what if any extra things might need to be looked at?
Ehhhhh, the tax end isn't really anything to do with us or our forum. This is mostly for fab. As for free money, that's not usually how it works, and I wouldn't count on getting sponsored anytime soon, by the time that happens, you'll know how to handle it.

As for a tech checklist, you check EVERYTHING, and you keep an extra EVERYTHING. You pretty much need an extra race car inside your trailer in parts.

If you do get free stuff, it won't be anywhere near what you will still spend out of pocket. The IRS typically considers this stuff to be a hobby and if you claim the income you will most certainly want to offset it with the expenses which will result in a loss every year and eventually the IRS will say no more. There is actually a very good thread over on RDC about setting your race team up as a business, but again you can only claim a loss for so many years before the IRS steps in.

I think the suspension/ misconception with what works and what doesn't would be great. Ther whole setup together. Not just one part, like shocks or arms, but all of it together. my.02

How about a TOTM on safety? Seat mounting, how to properly mount harnesses in relation to your body, head and neck restraints, helmets, fire suppression, fire prevention in general (fuel cutoffs, fire sleeve), etc...

How about a TOTM on safety? Seat mounting, how to properly mount harnesses in relation to your body, head and neck restraints, helmets, fire suppression, fire prevention in general (fuel cutoffs, fire sleeve), etc...

Can we do this for this month's TOTM?

I agree saftey would be a great topic because there are
alot people including me that really are inexpirenced in this aera with it being our first builds. Plus the jeepspeed guys have tested these situation more than they would like.

with all the discussion of helmet use in the roll cage threads lately I too think it would be a good idea to cover safety. Including class requirements and general good practices when building up a rig for some fun.

As per tcm glx's suggestion in another thread, how about one on shock mounting and proper bumpstop setup?

Back