• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tonoclay

Clayton - AWESOME!!!! You are doing good and I am really glad you and Bella did not get seriously injured. As I mentioned above - the wreckage gave me chills.

Glad you are ok and hopefully we can get you back on the trail soon.

~Mark

If all goes well I'm just gunna take all but the body and some of the interior and pit it into something super cheap. But the insurance bs has to be worked out still, which cld take weeks. I know beggars can't be choosers but I still prefer the 4 door. And hey if I find an older one I'll get the benefit of having all those little storage spots in the dash and doors with my OBD2. But then again I know a guy selling a 98 ZJ with a 5.9, 6" lift, super 30 on 35's for less than 6. But like I said it's all in the air. There is just no beating the everything quality of an XJ tho. Time will tell.

Thanks Mark, Bella is actually rite here hangin out as I elevate my throbbing hand. That pork was good tho huh!!?? Lmao

Clayton, to go wheeling with some of the URF group, of whom you have never met before, at midnight, and not only put up with our BullSh!t but add to it . . . I would wheel with you anytime.

Glad your ok and I am hope'in for the best for you and your rig to be out wheeling with us again soon!

don't know ya, but glad you are OK. There are many built rigs for sale right now for pennies on the dollar. Take your time and shop around as it's a buyers market.

Clayton, to go wheeling with some of the URF group, of whom you have never met before, at midnight, and not only put up with our BullSh!t but add to it . . . I would wheel with you anytime.

Glad your ok and I am hope'in for the best for you and your rig to be out wheeling with us again soon!

I fully agree. I even gave you the talk and you still came along for the night run. You were definitely cool to hang out with for the weekend, sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I'm not much of a dog person, but somehow I couldn't even hate your little dog either. :anon:

Glad to hear you are doing well, all things considered. Hope to see you on the trail sometime soon.

wow. Looking at those pic's it is amazing you are ok. We almost had the same thing happen just down the road on the way out on sunday. Only we wer towing downhill coming around a corner and instead of a car, it was a cow that was taller than the hood.

I fully agree. I even gave you the talk and you still came along for the night run. You were definitely cool to hang out with for the weekend, sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I'm not much of a dog person, but somehow I couldn't even hate your little dog either.

Thanks man, u guys were def cool too. Super chill no big drama and a great dynamic. Bella is known for her charm, 100% serious she wins ppl over. I saw u guys had a moment it was priceless. Shoot that makes me lauh every time!!! Lmafo or whatever! I'll sell u my B pillar, hahahahaha, kidding!

Hey Rick what custom pieces u have in mind, cuz I kiiiinda don't have anything to put them in? Lol. Give it time, we'll see but thanks.

hey clayton i hope you can get something going either with your rig or buying a new jeep on craigslist. there was that one in santa cruz for 3k a while back on full widths with lockers in good shape...
that one out here in sac with the 8.8, 4.88s, lockers, tons and tons of other goodies and a klun v for only 2000.

Clayton, so glad to hear you are OK other than a bunch of stiches. It could have been worse. It was a strange feeling on Sunday knowing that you had been in a wreck but no one knew how you were.

FYI, how much the insurance will pay on the claim for your XJ has nothing to do with who's at fault for the accident. Don't sweat it. They'll total it, figure a value, deduct your deductible, and deduct what salvage bids they get on the vehicle for you to buy it back. You'll get a check and the vehicle. All the reciepts from the work and parts you bought will make a difference in the value. A buddy of mine rolled his very well built YJ on the trail and he gave them all the reciepts and he got enough from the insurance to buy a new buggy. Like a dummy, when I rolled my XJ I didn't give them any reciepts and just got regular value for it. I still came out good, though, since I rebuilt it.

Bummer to have to do all the work again, that was a clean rig.

Damn!
Clayton, I'm glad you were able to walk(stagger?) away from that. Glad the little dawg is well too.
Hope everything works out alright.

Clayton, so glad to hear you are OK other than a bunch of stiches. It could have been worse. It was a strange feeling on Sunday knowing that you had been in a wreck but no one knew how you were.

FYI, how much the insurance will pay on the claim for your XJ has nothing to do with who's at fault for the accident. Don't sweat it. They'll total it, figure a value, deduct your deductible, and deduct what salvage bids they get on the vehicle for you to buy it back. You'll get a check and the vehicle. All the reciepts from the work and parts you bought will make a difference in the value. A buddy of mine rolled his very well built YJ on the trail and he gave them all the reciepts and he got enough from the insurance to buy a new buggy. Like a dummy, when I rolled my XJ I didn't give them any reciepts and just got regular value for it. I still came out good, though, since I rebuilt it.

Bummer to have to do all the work again, that was a clean rig.

You're the man Rich, thanks for that extremely valuable info which made me feel A LOT better. Talked to my insurance adjuster today and even before she took my statement she said the other guy is majority at fault. Since I only had liability my insurance will only end up paying my medical. The other party's insurance, from what I understand, will handle all the vehicle business and when all is said and done if he is the most at fault then I think they reimburse my insurance for my medical and whatever they paid and hopefully reimburse me for what I payed out of pocket; hospital, tow, and meds.

I loved your buggy Rich, glad I got a taste of it in camp!! You weren't too bad either, :viking: haha!! Guess I have some choices to make. I am waiting for all this to play out but am playing with some ideas.

1) Chop up mine and make a buggy. I think I can save about half or so of all the doors. The roof would come off as well as all the pillars and the hatch. Cage, some overhead protection and something similar to what Jes did to his front end, which I really dug.

Pro's: Light, probably cheap, easier on some levels: maneagability, packing, working on it, dont have to worry about cleanliness too much, harness' for all accupants. It'll still be my ole cherokee, same color, I wont have such seperation anxiety and wont have to bond to another one. Wont have to disassemble EVERYTHING, sell or keep parts. I imagine a combination of Jes' rig and a wrangler.

Con's: Not a DD = have to get a beater for that, no biggie I guess. Limited weather protection, but its a buggy so... have to really take into account the conditions, dusty!! Wont be that great for my overland/adventure trips or road trips to other states; but if I can seal it in somehow...

2) Take EVERYTHING off/out/apart and apply to another cherokee/ZJ carcass or equivalent.

Pro's: Another cherokee/ZJ that is sealed from weather and that would be a great driver and road trip king. ZJ would be a a little bigger interior wise, room for a cage and roomier for me

Con's: WORK WORK WORK. would have to bond to it cuz my old one and I are tight. Time

3) Sell to blondejohn or disassemble myself (more likely) and part out for $$ on a new one built already

Pro's: easiest, less time consuming, new rig. Possibly a more roomy ZJ, maybe one with beafier axles and all the harder more technical work done for me

Con's: still have to take everything apart, and find buyers for all things. Have to find one for the right price, would have to bond make it my own, might have to make if a DD, if not then would have to have enuf $$ left over for a comuter.

Any insight would really help.

I would strip off any usable parts and junk the body. Then use the money to buy a semi-built XJ. Swap the parts in, sell what you don't need/want to help finance the build. Now you have a daily driver and a trail rig again. Yeah lots of work, but you might wind up with a much more capable rig than you have now.

Now about that b-pillar..... :anon:

I would strip off any usable parts and junk the body. Then use the money to buy a semi-built XJ. Swap the parts in, sell what you don't need/want to help finance the build. Now you have a daily driver and a trail rig again. Yeah lots of work, but you might wind up with a much more capable rig than you have now.

Now about that b-pillar..... :anon:

I agree with Bryan. Strip off what ever you can and sell it. Keep what you think you might use and throw it in another rig. If the motor is still good you could sell it and make a couple of bucks that way too.

Enough notice and I could drive out to give you a hand.

How much are you going to get for it?
What will you have to pay to buy it back?
Did you really have that much into it?
Good rigs are cheep right now, building takes time.
Taco Bell and Taquila are not very good together.

I dont know how much you'll get, but my old CJ-5 buggy is up for sale again and for a great (negotiable) price. 6K San Diego area.

If I still did as much crawling I'd buy it back in a heart beat...
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=708725&highlight=fat+city

IMGA0486.jpg

Eric

You guys make a good argument. That's what I'm sure I'll do. Disassemble, apply any parts to a new rig and sell the rest. I know a friend of a friend that is selling his 98 ZJ limited trim (highest available, all bells and whistles), 5.9 v8, 6" lift, 35" X-Terrains, super 30 kit for 6k. I'd put my 44 in, transfer my cb/pa, my deck, satellite radio, and call it a day!! I'm leaning towards a Grand bcuz I was already having trouble fitting in mine, if u look at some of those pics from Sierra Fest I look like a gorilla in a clown car!! I know the Grand's aren't too much bigger but I cld use any extra space, especially head and shoulder room.

As of now I still have to give a statement to the other insurance, I'm guessing I'll get between 5 and 6 for it. It only had 103k mi, for a 99 I'd say that's pretty good.

How much are you going to get for it?
What will you have to pay to buy it back?
Did you really have that much into it?
Good rigs are cheep right now, building takes time.
Taco Bell and Taquila are not very good together.

I've got all the receipts and it's totalled up to about 7500. Not including the 2900 I bought it for. From others I've talked to who've bought theirs back I'm looking at somewhere between 500 and 1k. If I can find one semi built I think I'll jump on it, Brian has a good point on that and Dave also is right about a cheap rig now a days. Craigslist is full of great deals, especially in the central valley!

Back