• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Today was a good day

Jays siik xj

NAXJA Forum User
So as some of you may know my XJ was stolen a while ago and recovered a few days ago minus my roof rack, front tube bumper, tools,recovery gear etc.
Well lately I've been driving back and forth on the 210 fwy near San Bernardino. The other day I happened to look over and saw a white Suburban with a roof rack in a tow yard. The person that saw my jeep being ditched had a pic/video of the white suburban that was looting my jeep and picked up the guy that was driving it.
So back to the tow yard. I drove by and looked at it closely and couldn't believe my eyes. It was my rack! I stopped and spoke with the nice woman who I told my story to. I told her that looked like my roof rack and was wondering if I could look at it and possibly get it back. She spoke with the owner and the owner said he needed proof so I showed him pics and said go ahead and get it off we just finished the lein sale yesterday. We were gonna scrap it on Friday! The only catch was I had to take all the other" junk" that was on it. (Tools, parts,scrap metal etc). I said that's fine with me. Most of the stuff was junk but there was a brand new aluminum racing jack, my old tow strap, a bucket of tools, random gm parts, bucket of bolts and other junk.
Im sooo happy I stopped! I got my stuff back! I offered lunch but they declined.
Best day in a while.

Sorry for the long story! Im just so pumped right now! Haha

Nice that you found it.

Even nicer that they just gave it back to you! I love when people are good. :)

149o0vp.jpg

Back