• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ Mirrors

BskisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I want to take off my stock mirrors and mount TJ mirrors on the doors.

Does any know if I can get covers to put in place where the old one come off.

I understand some Commanches had mirrors like that, and so had a cover plate where the standard mirror would go. Try a junkyard...

Robert

I put truck like swing away mirrors on mine. To cover the area where the old mirrors were mounted I used the rubber gasket that was used for the mirror as a pattern. I just used a piece of scrap metal that I had around cut it to fit drilled a couple of holes and used sheet metal screws to attatch it. I painted mine Black and it's not very noticable.

Thanks for the info, That's is pretty much what I was going to use some scrap metal, paint it up.

I hope your not a Steeler's fan though. Seeing is I'm from your worst Enemy town Baltimore.

My '87 has the factory installed truck-like mirrors. There is a factory cover over the place where you see the usual little mirrors installed. You could probably find these in a wrecking yard if you hunted a bit.

Back