• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tired of weath wobble!

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a hp ford 44 in the front. I cut and narrowed it to what I wanted using rubicon inners. Welded the C's on to set caster at about 6 degrees. Ever since I did the swap I cant get rid of death wobble. Us using OTK steering, like the kit JCR sells. Using all TRE. I have a heim trac bar.

I have replaced -

all TRE
Heims in TB
bushing on the control arms
ball joints
Steering box
Gotten tires balanced
Set tie in 1/8th off

What else can be causing it! Im so tired of it always just happening. The camber of the tires is off about 2 degrees on each side(Camber in) I dont know if that was caused by when I welded the C's on if they got weird or what. Or if it has something to do with the ball joints. Would me being cambered in cause it? I have swapped tires with other people and it still does it. Im lost as to what else it could be. Any ideas!!

I have a friend that has his set at 1/8"out to stop it.Mine is at almost 0 and the wifes is 1/8" in. We started it at 1/4" towed in and worked our way out till we got it to stop.We did these with no steering stabilizer till got the rid of the DW.

I know people say it is wrong to be set this way, but we can drive them anywhere at any time or any speed with no DW.I like feeling safe and not worrying about killing people on the road.Last set of tires lasted me 5 years before the cracks got to me.

HTH.

So I have a hp ford 44 in the front. I cut and narrowed it to what I wanted using rubicon inners. Welded the C's on to set caster at about 6 degrees. Ever since I did the swap I cant get rid of death wobble. Us using OTK steering, like the kit JCR sells. Using all TRE. I have a heim trac bar.

I have replaced -

all TRE
Heims in TB
bushing on the control arms
ball joints
Steering box
Gotten tires balanced
Set tie in 1/8th off

What else can be causing it! Im so tired of it always just happening. The camber of the tires is off about 2 degrees on each side(Camber in) I dont know if that was caused by when I welded the C's on if they got weird or what. Or if it has something to do with the ball joints. Would me being cambered in cause it? I have swapped tires with other people and it still does it. Im lost as to what else it could be. Any ideas!!

some of the fords have the camber off @ 2 degrees for some stupid reason, if you go to napa's website you can get camber shims to fix that issue, thats what I had to do on mine, now mine is perfect. they come in different sizes and mount right on the outer knuckle so you would have to take everything apart first, OR you can get adjustable ball joints to help or a combo of both.

some of the fords have the camber off @ 2 degrees for some stupid reason, if you go to napa's website you can get camber shims to fix that issue, thats what I had to do on mine, now mine is perfect. they come in different sizes and mount right on the outer knuckle so you would have to take everything apart first, OR you can get adjustable ball joints to help or a combo of both.

HOLY CRAP I did not know this... That explains... A lot. I have reids now so whatevs..

Back